Do the Monomachine NEXT!

Hey guys, Synthesizer novice here and I’m only bringing this up because I have been a big fan of the recent unofficial updates for the Machinedrum, especially with the use of Mega Command Live!
Length per track, conditional trigs and micro-timing honestly is a game changer which brings me to the question: Are there any plans or rumors for an unofficial update to the Monomachine? I want to believe!

Thanks for your time!

should probably re-label this as a request for unofficial firmware, so it’s more likely to be seen by those actually working on that.

did the Machinedrum get length per track, conditional trigs, and micro-timing with the unofficial firmwares? I have an MD, and an (older) unofficial firmware installed, but am unaware of these. guess I should research that…

Sorry I’m kinda new to this lol…

As for the Machinedrum, the unofficial firmware I believe is at x.09 but I’m currently running x.08. While a lot has been added… namely the new machines, Only Mega Command Live has the conditional trigs, micro timing etc.

1 Like
2 Likes

already went there! and from @Oto-tsune’s comment it sounds like I misunderstood and those features are for MCL only.

2 Likes

Not just plans or rumors:

7 Likes

Elektron I’m once again asking for a re issue of the machinedrum and monomachine so I don’t have to pay some random dude 6,000 USD $$$ XD

5 Likes

I didn’t know about this!! And CC for mutes is very useful for MIDI recording performances.

help some dude is holding a MD and MNM hostage and is refusing to let them make music and instead is insisting on cold hard cash for them in exchange for letting glooms make music with them.

3 Likes

That’s what I’m saying ! :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses: I’d use em everyday all day. And release music lol

1 Like

So it turned form a…

… to a ransom dude then :smiley:

1 Like

Controlling the MnM with the OT is better than anything the MCL and a new unofficial FW could do IMO.

More modulation, ease of use, modulatable note lengths and kinda three arpeggiators as the MnM arp already acts like an arp/sequencer within the arpeggiator.

I had the MCL and the MD and I never really liked that combo. Trying to remember/re-learn those damn button combinations is a PITA.

Also, the added possibilities to route the signal through the OT for more processing.

4 Likes

Who’s holding their MnM hostage I need it lol ransome notes all around

The syntakt isn’t the same guys I got tricked….

5 Likes

I can see how it may be better for some people (it is for me). For others it is still a good combo, especially if an OT is not available or there is no interest in getting one. The MCL guys would appreciate the support.

1 Like

Yeah that’s true. As the OP stated that he’s new to this I just thought it might be helpful to point out that the OT + MnM is a killer combo with lots of unique advantages.

2 Likes

Oh my… Did Christmas come early?!
Digging into this RIGHT NOW!!

Ok, now tell him that you want to make sure he has the $6000 before he gets to see the Monomachine, and once he shows it to you, we’ll have someone bring out the Syntakt…

4 Likes

Ahah you never let me down shigginpit :muscle::clap::sunglasses:

1 Like

Can I atleast buy a silver faceplate or what and pretend it’s a monomachine…