Do neighbor machines increase latency?

Nice investigating…
I don’t want you to go out of your way but if you have any other stats like inputs->mixer dir or inputs-thru machine would love to know… :slight_smile:

My testing showed using the “Dir” option in the mixer does not add any latency, but does cause about +30º phase shift at 12kHz… Which is odd because if it’s not adding latency it must be before the converter… possibly some sort of aliasing filter on the input?
Also even going via “Direct”, if you turn on Trk 8 as “Master” latency increases by about 0.75ms.

EDIT: Sorry, I just went back and checked my measurements. My mistake. latency on the “DIR” mixer was +1.29ms compared to the cable loop, so yes DIR must be on the other side of the converter. (Phase shift and additional latency from Trk 8 Master still appears to be correct though)
Thanks Avantronica for making me second guess that.

Interesting… :thinking: Thanks…

Certainly something to keep in mind if you’re using the OT for parallel processing and the like. :+1:

It has been officially confirmed however that even DIR is post ADC, everything happening is post conversion afaicr

Interesting… I wonder why there isn’t a change in latency then? Maybe I need to remeasure that part…
Can you link me to where it was “officially confirmed” so I can get some more context?

EDIT: I just went back and checked my measurements. My mistake. latency on the “DIR” mixer was +1.29ms compared to the cable loop, so yes DIR must be on the other side of the converter.

Nice work! thanks for keeping up with it.

I made my tests with OT internal recording and there were no added latency. That would mean the latency is added globally?

Something also to consider while making these tests is the latency compensation. Did you both have it off? …On?