Do I need Overhub to record multiple devices via Overbridge at the same time?

I have a Syntakt and Digitakt (thinking about buying a Digitone). My problem is that I can’t record both devices at the same time via Overbridge. But I would like to record all tracks of the Digitakt and Syntakt at the same time. I use Windows and Ableton Live or FL Studio. I have already read that there are problems with several ASIO drivers on Windows. Does Overhub solve this problem? Or what does Overhub even do? Is there any way I can record all Syntakt and Digitakt tracks at the same time on a Windows computer? Thanks for your help

Overhub is just a multiple USB connector. If you have several USB ports on your computer, you’re good to go. If you don’t, almost any USB Hub will do the job.

3 Likes

It works fine for me on Windows with Ableton Live.

I have couple of midi tracks with Digitakt and Digitone Overbridge VST3 plugins, and bunch of audio tracks (one audio track in Live for each track of DT and DN) with audio from DT and DN OB tracks routed to them. Works the same with Syntakt.

2 Likes

It’s an MTT USB hub: What are Multiple TT (MTT) USB Hubs? - KnowledgeBase

Sure you can get a cheaper one, and it will “probably” work fine but Overhub has been tested / verified by Electron. They are good / extremely reliable (multiple people have said so).

But look for an MTT hub, so that all ports on the hub operate at full speed, and you should be good to go.

2 Likes

Can you explain to me how you set this up? I just can’t set up an audio track for Syntakt AND Digitakt at the same time in Ableton (neither in FL Studio). Which ASIO driver do you use?

Please see attached screenshot with Live setup details.
As for the ASIO driver - it’s just official Focusrite USB ASIO.

What exact problems do you have with recording of Digitakt and Syntakt in Live at the same time?

I went through 3 Overhubs in 18 months.

There is a significant weakness on the port mounting internally to the main board. One wrong twist and they snap.

I’ve since had similar success with a cheaper option:

You drag the VST onto a midi track, then make audio tracks and select the input as Digitakt and the relevant track number. Repeat that with a new audio track for each track. Then do the same thing with the Syntakt on a new midi track, and save it all as a template.

That’s with Overbridge Engine installed and running ofc.

1 Like

This one is MTT compatible, seems solid.

2 Likes

MTT definitely recommended, but if you search overhub even on this site, many people complaining of various issues and reliability, others saying it works perfectly. Do the research, make your judgement based on facts, not opinion.

When buying this type of item on Amazon, always read the reviews/comments, sometimes people do speed tests and post the results, luckily I was able to avoid a few duds that way.

3 Likes