DNK midi loopback - PC send/receive (SOLVED) and now can't figure out bank changes (ALSO SOLVED)

Hiiiiiiiiii
First post, long time reader

*****I SOLVED IT!!! Brand new Elektron user and pretty pleased with myself, hope this can help someone :slight_smile: ********

So, I just got my first Elektron machine, DNK and I’m in love with the sound and workflow. For my use case, chaining patterns is important and although I learned how to do it in pattern chain mode with tapping them in, I’d prefer to do it with midi loopback and program change commands P-locked.

I have it working great! Except - it only works about half the time. I can play a pattern, it switches to the next beautifully, and if I go back and play it a second time sometimes it doesn’t switch anymore. Sometimes it does! No setting changes. I have all the M Len stuff to 64 all around. There are no sneaky trig conditions set up. I can totally clear the pattern, redo with a Plock, and it might work or might not.

(SOLVED!!! It needed the PC on both trig 15 and 16, when I did that it works every time)

On to the next post, please help with bank change…

Next question - I was able to Plock bank changes and it worked on external gear but I can’t get the bank change to work using midi loopback. I set the PC send/receive in the main MIDI settings menu but there isn’t an option to set the channel for bank send/receive. Can someone explain how to set it up within the pattern settings? Many thanks!

AHHHH after much searching… I haven’t tried this yet but seems like the answer. I’ll report back and hopefully this will help the next person who wants to use DNK in a song context.

YUP that’s the deal!
For changing banks on the DNK itself, ignore the word “bank” and just add higher PC value, so PC 19 = B03

MIDI Loopback is great and why did I avoid Elektron for so long. I thought every Elektron box would be equally hard to learn but DN/DNK is so friendly.