DnBnJungle Battle #11: Main theme

It says movie or TV show, so 007 is all good!

Either way, the concept is to take something visual and write new music for it.

Some folks have pushed it as far video games, which I think still honors the spirit of the challenge, because video games are an audiovisual medium.

How much you recycle, quote, remix, or completely ignore that original music is up to you. But the basic idea for the challenge is to replace the “audio” half of an audiovisual artwork.

5 Likes

Ah make sense. I should read tasks better :joy::joy::joy:
Then i might change it to something else like…

Season 2 October 20th!!!

3 Likes

I‘m also fine with a one week prolongation. Currently I struggle a bit with the main motif. Is it good enough? Is it long enough? :grimacing:

Finally nailed down an arrangement! It’s the hardest part by far for me with this genre. It’s amazing how every DNB track I make has this magical transition from desperate flopping around in Simpler to having a solid musical arc that I can compose towards. Hope everyone else is making progress.

4 Likes

Starblazers had a great theme song.

1 Like

Bit of a different vibe, but I keep thinking about this main theme, which has been stuck in my head on and off more or less since the first time I heard it.

1 Like

My motif is 6 notes so you’ll be fine…

3 Likes

The Jaws motif is only 2 notes!

2 Likes

I’ve got an ok-ish first pass at an intro and A section. Progress!

2 Likes

I’ve got a track now.

I’ve changed the theme to something that works a bit better so all systems go.

The only problem is I still don’t understand drum and bass, but it’s never stopped me before. :smiley:

2 Likes

I have a track, but still need to add in some transitions and work on the mix after work today. Bass music is such a PITA to balance!

3 Likes

Hey me neither :smiley: I listen to a lot of atmospheric jungle but I wouldn’t say I actually understand the genre beyond the basics. This is a good way to get my feet wet with some structure to the effort.

I’m going to declare it 170 bpm electronic music with a breakbeat and claim nothing more :smiley:

4 Likes

All done and just fired it in.

1 Like

I’ll send mine tomorrow if that is cool

2 Likes

This battle is my dream theme, but I have too much work on until December. Then I hope to rejoin the fray.

I will enjoy listening to everyone’s tracks though.

Maybe the theme comes round again in… 2029?

3 Likes

I’m starting now. will send it later today. Thanks as always @KingDuppy for being the best battle host! Im still not sure what we are supposed to be doing but I never really am on any of these battles. I have rule blindness

3 Likes

Oh, pandanaut and some other folks had asked for an extension, and the original deadline was today, so I figured that meant we now have till next weekend! (Or at least I hope so, because I finally started working on my track on Friday night.) I should’ve updated the first post, that’s on me. I updated it above.

But yes, since we added a week to the original Sept 26th deadline, the new deadline is October 3rd!

So no rush if you need a few more days. Just please get them in on nextSaturday so I can put the playlist together next Sunday. That’ll also give me time to make the cover art.

I might bring back some challenges if people missed one they wanted to do. Maybe I’ll make a poll during the holidays.

Or we could do a “missed the boat” challenge where you pick a theme that you wanted to do but weren’t able to. Anyway, if you have time to work on a track this weekend, you now have till Saturday to get it in.

10 Likes

Thank you! I’m still way behind and I might even miss the Oct 3 deadline but that’ll force me to commit to something. Been very busy this and next week so beggars can’t be choosers.

3 Likes

Good news: I think all the sections of my track are roughly in place.

Bad news: it does not sound very coherent.

2 Likes