Dude if you pull off a Cowboy Bebop remix it will end up being my favorite thing in the battle.
Super Metroid main theme. Or any Metroid main theme. Those two pairs of three slow notes just get me. Metroid as a series is, arguably, the most-influential thing on my music.
Secondarily the Rohan theme from Lord of the Rings. This motif appears throughought the Two Towers, but this particular violin part is so powerful. Mournful, yet hopeful. Especially when the horns rejoin before the full orchestra sweeps in. This might be my single favorite example of a leitmotif in all of music.
Lastly, I have to shout out one of my other favorite games of all time, Golden Sun. This song has lived rent-free in my head for over two decades. Relatively simple but so powerful, it perfectly captures the atmosphere of the declining town and its troubled people, in which it plays.
Holy moly we already have one entry in! That was fast!
Anyone got anything else good cooking?
Skeptical of my first idea. Gonna get it further but might scrap it.
Haven’t started yet, been very busy. I have what seems like a good idea but need to actually find the time and energy.
Would anyone object to me writing the theme to an imagined movie adaptation of a book?
I was thinking about doing this.
There is a book being adapted into a TV series and I thought I might create a theme for it.
Alrighty, one week to go! How are folks progressing with their tracks?
(I haven’t even started mine yet.)
I have only collected some ideas/sounds but haven’t created anything meaningful yet. But I’m still positive on participating.
I haven’t done a damned thing yet, but my weekly beats for next week is submitted so I can start thinking about it now.
I have a light workload next week, so I’m hoping to get it together soon. And I already have a lot of ideas to try out, so I won’t be starting from zero!
Lowkey shocked no one has posted this as an iconic theme but here:
We miss you so much Angelo and David.
Unrelated question about the intro/outro bit: the main motif does not necessarily have to be the intro, I assume? As in, the literal intro to the song?
Unrelated question 2: how would people feel about a deadline extension? I got something built so far but I’d argue it’s early stages. I’m missing a B section, I don’t think the main theme motif has come together yet, plus general bells and whistles. I think I’d be okay with or without an extension, but given a lot of people haven’t started, I felt like throwing this out.
Work has been insane. Spiritually, mentally, physically drained. I’m trying but the struggle is real.
Amen to that. Not physically for me, but mentally and spiritually I’ve been gone for a while.
No, not at all. That was just a way for me to explain the idea. It can really be anything you want, so long as there are multiple sections and the main motif carries through them.
I’m fine with that if the group is. I’ve still barely gotten started because I can’t decide which direction to go.
Any other folks interested in getting an extension on this?
I am also in another vibe, but i like this topic. Will start these days so i can finish something in time.
Always like this theme from Bond.
Now i see it needs to be a tv show. For some reason i saw movie ![]()
I’ve got an idea pretty much mapped out in my head but done nothing to realise it. If the sound design / composition comes together fast I’ll have something by the deadline…
I’m going to try and get it done, but I’m also happy to have another week.
I’ve made a skeleton of something, but it doesn’t sound like a theme for what I have in mind so I either need to do something else or choose a different show / film that it does fit.
I’d love another week. I’ll throw whatever I’ve got in the ring as long as it’s at least a song skeleton. New to producing in the genre and could certainly use the feedback ![]()
and yall gonna need some alarms: