DIXIE out today! 100% Syntakt EP w/project file!

I released my 3rd EP today. It’s 3 songs all done with the Syntakt. The Bandcamp download includes the project file for you to explore, remix, and generally screw around with! Enjoy!

Here are 5 download codes to be redeemed at zelikovich.bandcamp.com/yum

9qyf-cqbh
nrum-wtsv
wvw6-h2x8
egjk-5cm2
g2f2-7cyc

13 Likes

Thanks for the code, I’ve just redeemed one and will listen to it on the weekend. Really like your artwork and the one instrument approach is exciting!

1 Like

My pleasure! The Syntakt really clicked with me almost immediately. I’d already had experience with all the other boxes, so this was like that weird new love-child they made that I could really dive into. It’s been so inspiring that I can’t help but just pump out awesome (IMO) sounds and songs. I also love the idea of including the project file because I wish more artists did that kind of thing so we could all learn from each other.

As for the artwork, I can’t really take much credit as it’s all just done with the free version of this site, and then I maybe do a little editing. But hey, if it works, it works!

Thanks for the support and kind words!

1 Like

just used another redeem code.
thanks a lot for syntakt project!

1 Like

Curious what your AI prompt was.

Also big thumbs up :+1: for including the project. Don’t have a Syntakt, but that’s really a great gesture! Hopefully someone will study your projects and apply some tricks to their own music.

1 Like

Hell yeah! This is great stuff.

Edit: really great stuff. Especially the way that Dogs builds towards the end is incredible.

1 Like

Hi. Very impressive with just the Syntakt. Appreciate the code and really like the tracks. Getting a lovely Robert Miles vibe from 4Dogs

1 Like

@Azzarole Thanks! I think the AI prompt was something like “dogs in a field wearing armor” and then I just kept regenerating. I did some post processing (the color blur thingie) in Polarr on my iPad.

@m0ld Thank you! I’m honestly really proud of the tunes I’ve been making this past year, overall, so hearing other people dig them has been fantastic.

@Sofine Thank you! I’m not familiar with Robert Miles. Do you have any recommendations?

@chaocrator Thanks! Let me know how it loads up. I wanted to move all the songs to the first 3 banks, but then I’d have to remap ALL the song mode stuff and that was just too much of a pain in the ass. I figure if people are smart enough for Elektron boxes, they’ll figure out where the songs are! Haha.

3 Likes

@Azzarole

Here are 2 other pics that came from that prompt. They ended up being a bit too “real” for what I wanted.

1 Like

Just picked this up and really enjoyed it end to end! Can’t wait for the next release.

1 Like

He is known for this track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvyCbevQbtI

1 Like

I have 3 others up there, and they’re also streaming all over the place! Also, if you dig that stuff and need more, check out Radioactive Sandwich, my duo project.

1 Like

Never heard that, but I can see the similarities! I’m really a metal head, but love writing the electronic stuff. I definitely vibe of the older psy/techno stuff. Think Infected Mushroom meets Shpongle meets Crystal Method.

THanks for educating me!

@slicetwo: Elektron should include your projects in their Syntakt presets that come with the machine. You are really demonstrating how capable and versatile this instrument is!

The artwork you went with in the end is leagues ahead of the other two you’ve posted imo, good choice.

2 Likes

Thanks in both accounts! My duo, Radioactive Sandwich, actually have one of our projects as a demo project in FLStudio. It’s pretty neat!

1 Like

Didn’t you guys do an ep with Globular?

1 Like

Yes we did! He’s a wonderful human being!

1 Like

I just re listened it, pretty excellent indeed :ok_hand:

1 Like