Display Value Tips

Hello everyone,

I do not know if this was said and I did not find in the manual. so I write it here.

When you press one of the buttons on a machine the values ​​are displayed, no need to move the knob.

You never needed to turn a knob to determine its value, the old way was to press the encoder down, but I found this was unsatisfactory as it could on occasion adjust the value … I suggested that the current page could be pressed down as a means to show all current values on the selected page (e.g. press Filt to see numerical values) … I thought this was in the manuals somewhere, but I guess I’ve just been so used to using it since the beta days that it’s second nature

2 Likes

I find this happens A LOT with me. I press and wobble the knob a bit. I like your idea!

1 Like

This is one for the analogs primarily, I did check quickly through the A4 manual but couldn’t find reference (which terms to search?)

Maybe it’s one that @eangman can ensure is present as one of those tips in the respective manuals (if not already in there)

Thanks for bringing this up. I will make sure this information makes it into the manuals. Good stuff!

2 Likes

any chance of a brief addendum to show what has been added/updated at the end of each manual.
or even a user tip section ,

e.g. the delay values required to get tempo sync’d values for delay time , very useful for external cc tweaking and dialing them in on device. this would be great detail added at the end near the table of cc’s .

i’m not trying to add lots of annoying work for you… honest.
or trying to replace the info on these forums.

Honestly, there are a lot of minor changes done in the manuals continuously and it does add a bit of extra work to keep track of all the changes and make a changelog for those. My suggestion is to use Arcobats compare function to spot all the changes made from one manual PDF to the next. The manuals are of course always updated to reflect the device current OS.

I have already made a little table with the tempo synced values for the delay. I also had a go at trying to describe the trig conditions a bit better (again). Coming soon to a manual or two near you :slight_smile:

4 Likes