Digitone without Overbridge?

I’m having same issues with studio one artist.
Will things b easier if i upgrade to pro.

Right but the latency is bad and there’s no way to adjust the clock back, how do you deal with that? Do you just shift everything back every time you record?

Have you checked this in Logic?
File - Project Settings - Synchronization - MIDI

Are you monitoring the track as you record it? That will add latency.

Recording with Overbridge in Ableton, with monitor set to Off, buffer size at 128 samples, MIDI clock via USB, OB control panel “buffer safety margin” set to 50, I get around 10ms latency. Which doesn’t seem too bad but a lazy beat should be a choice not a standard :cry:

(and all of these numbers are the minimum because once I add more intensive stuff to the set you need the leeway)

Whereas recording directly from the A4’s analog outs (without OB in the set) I get it basically bang on the money (by putting -1.8ms in the MIDI clock sync delay btw)

So this is why I asked how you dealt with it, I’d be interested to see how far off correct yours would be if you recorded a tight transient through it like I did.

The other problem with Overbridge is that once it’s there in the Live set it adds around 35ms latency which means you can’t digitally monitor and play other instruments because of this lag (with DC on which is needed too).

My main purpose for the A4 is to prepare a live performance and, although I like the software, Overbridge is completely unviable for this, even for recording purposes it’s impractical as I’d have to fix the timing every time. As mentioned in other threads I’d love to see OB have an option to just control the synth and ignore its audio signal (to hopefully reduce latency).

(A4MK2, Macbook Pro M1 Max, MOTU 4pre interface)

1 Like

Do you have any latency with Overbridge like this ? I get 100ms with a Apple M1 Max 64GB and Audient id14 in the recordings.

Sometimes. Sometimes there is a gap at the start of recording, sometimes not. It’s not ideal, but I just trim front of the clip.

If I record everything through Overbridge, even the Digitakt’s external inputs, it all matches up.

1 Like