Digitone - wind patches

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any great wind like sounds on the Digitone, or the best way to build such a sound?

To make a really convincing wind sound you need a bandpass filter and a slewed stepped random signal. It would be pretty challenging without those tools, not to mention the lack of a regular white noise source.

3 Likes

Okay, thanks. I will give it my best shot on the Digi and see what I can do.

1 Like

Some things to build on @RobertSyrett’s suggestions: high operator feedback will be the best source of noise, play with algorithms and ratios for tonal variations. & the two LFOs will help you out with the lack of smooth random, like modulating the speed of a triangle LFO with a random waveform of another, plus the fade options on the LFOs can help with movement.

2 Likes

Great points, thanks!

It can be done on there, I did a nice Melotron style Flute, don’t have it anymore, otherwise I’d send you the patch. I imagine it would have been the 1st algo, slow attacks on all, pitch mod and maybe feedback mod from lfos. No idea what ratios, I was going for strings so I think it would have maybe been 1/8/not sure.

Actually made some good progress on this. Got a wind sound using ALG4. LFO on Freq and Pan, lots of reverb, some chorus (makes it sound like wind rushing through small channel), then P-Locked Res, Volume, Starting Freq, Starting Pan, length, and note, and set up a bunch of % trigs.

I will post the track when done.

6 Likes

Alright, here is what I came up with. It does sound like a mix between surf and wind, but I am happy with the results. Thoughts?

13 Likes

Very beach like!

1 Like

Very, very nice !!

1 Like

Thanks!

That’s awesome! I’d love to know more for noob like me.