Digitone Update Request?

Hey everyone

What’s the likelyhood that Elektron will consider an update request for the Digitone?

I love the crap out of the Digitone. But the only problem for me is that every pattern has a separate sound bank. I can see how this makes drastic changes really easy but it makes more subtle changes really difficult for live performance. For instance if your kick is too loud and you turn it down a bit it’ll be too loud again once you change to the next pattern. Any subtle changes you made in the last pattern are irrelevant to the new one. which is fine if you want to have completely different sounds for each pattern but kind of a problem if you want to play different sequences with the same sounds. As well as being able to change the sounds as you go and having them stay where you left them.
I notice this often in other peoples videos when they switch pattern and the mix is suddenly different. This can have many cool applications but it makes some simple tasks and general sound continuity pretty tricky especially for live performance. Some people might suggest the sound pool as an obvious solution. This is close but for the sound pool to take care of this problem you would need to save the sound to your sound pool in one pattern then load it in the next pattern which in my opinion sounds even slower than copying and pasting.

I would like to request that a future update will include some way to have selected patterns share track and mixer sound settings. I believe this is the same as the Analog Rytm’s “kits” feature.

Does anyone know an effective way to pass on suggestions/requests for future updates?

You can discuss feature requests here:

Email feature-request@elektron.se

3 Likes

Move your post to the appropriate thread please (admin software failed to)

Check out guidelines again : keep it tidy and search please

https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines