Digitone Shoegaze

lovely stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really enjoyed both of those tracks a lot!

1 Like

Canā€™t argue with your audience, guess Iā€™ll be making some more of this kinda shit in the near future.

Thanks for all your positive comments everyone.

3 Likes

Nuts to the audience. Dont pander to their fickle whims.
Make the sounds you like, nuts to what anyone else thinks.

2 Likes

Wowā€¦these are beautiful tracks! Nice work!

1 Like

But how else will I get them to love me?
Dude, Iā€™m in this for the likes.

I do, and most people think itā€™s horrible, because itā€™s horrible noise (in the good sense of the word).

Thanks, your compliments nourish me. Been having a little listen to your stuff earlier, will listen more later, sounds great.

1 Like

Haha arent we all, arent we allā€¦

Anyway those hihats, was that digitakt samples with a fair bit of quadraverb on them? Sounds peachy.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a bit of Quadraverb on them but most of the magic is happening in the Digitakt with the hats.
The random pitched snare sound (which is from the Erica DB-01, absolute percussion weapon) has a lot of Quadraverb on it - room reverb, very short stereo delay and slight flanger - really helps it to stand out.

1 Like

Well it all sounds lush mate. Can really hear how the analogue heat is an intergral part of the sound. Its there, but its not overcooked.

The whole track is built of great sounds, and the composition is solid.

1 Like

Iā€™ve finally got my head around how to get the best out of the heat. The spinal tap in me always wants everything at 11 but the Heat is at its best when used subtly.
I think Iā€™ve got the right mix of gear now, some analogue, some digital and enough that I can cover a lot of bases easily.

Iā€™ve learned a lot in the last few months, a fair amount of it of it from yourself and others in this community. This is a really useful place to share work because you can generally trust the feedback youā€™re getting and even when I post absolute shite, I end up learning something that helps me improve.

5 Likes

Iā€™m in a complete creative slump. Iā€™m depressed and angry at the world. Itā€™s nearly 3:00 p.m and Iā€™m still in bed.
This made me want to go make music on the machines. Good stuff. Iā€™m sorry I canā€™t manage an exclamation point at this time, but I will in the future, I swear.

3 Likes

Anger is an energy.
Energy is fuel.
Go and make some music dude.

2 Likes

Release that anger and frustration into music! 173 bpm, tons of distortion, samples of screaming layered on top.

2 Likes

Now youā€™re talkingā€¦

Thanks for the push. i am back at it.

1 Like

Damn Bandcamp isnā€™t loading. Have you got a compilation of these Shoegaze tunes there?

Not yet, am working on a few more tracks, should be putting a small albums worth up on Bandcamp in a couple of months.

4 Likes

Great work!!

1 Like

Thanks!

I guess this didnā€™t match the release you put up on Bandcamp?

Iā€™d still be interesting to buy it :slight_smile: