Digitone program change receive

Can the Digitone receive program changes from a Rytm? Will it select the corresponding bank on the Digitone?

Example: On Rytm pattern C3 changes to D15 sending program change to Digitone to change from pattern C3 to D15.

I would like to get a Digitone and have it receive program changes from the Rytm when in song mode so all the patterns change at the same time.

Is this possible?

I really like what I’m hearing from the Digitone and I like that you have 4 synths and additional 4 midi tracks to sequence other gear. I assume that the sequencers play well with each other across the elektron line but I just want to make sure.

Thanks!

Yes It will change with Rytm to the same pattern and bank

2 Likes

I figured. Thanks!

I’m struggling with Program Change from an OT to a DN.

I can sequence tracks OT > DN or sequence a Nord Drum from the DN but impossible to change remotely the sound of a track from the OT.

My auto channel is similar on both, 10.

I must be missing something but could not find it on the forum or’in the documentation.

It seems the Program change is only able to affect pattern change on the DN.

Isn’t it a different CC on the OT compared to the Digitone and Digitakt? I know the mutes use different CCs

This is true of all Elektron gear.

What are you actually trying to do?

I realized my mistake. Coming from the OT i was thinking in Parts and patterns when there’s only patterns in the DN :wink:

Strange that they implement things so differently across the devices range. Some features you would expect they give to the whole range, some bugs ironed on some machines and some organization also different according the devices.
Then the OT being a bit old, i can understand there’s an evolution but sometimes it feels like a regression with newer devices.