Digitone pattern change from Octatrack

thanks, i will try but pretty sure i tried that already …

same problem here…

Still struggling with the same issue as above. DN is lagging the OT when switching patterns and then jumps back to the original pattern for a note each pattern. Any fixes yet?

Edit: Okay. Fixed, I think. I had the OT midi/bank/PC second menu set to bank A pattern 1!

Anybody using the OT to change patterns on a Digitone, without both machines running the same pattern length?

For example, a 12-step pattern on Digitone and a 16-step pattern on Octatrack.

I think I am having a similar problem with syncing my pattern changes between my OT and DN. I have different pattern lengths on different tracks and have the CH. Len set to 8 as well as 8 in the Patt set in the OT. The DN always seems to change I think 8 steps late. Its weird because if i set the DN as the master and sync the octatrack the patterns change without delay right on time. Anyone else having similar issue? Is this a known bug?

No it’s working perfectly for me.
I’ve got 4 elektron boxes changing together without a problem.

Change length at 8 is a weird number that’s only half a bar.
It should be at least 16

Try set DN to master and change length 16
And set the master length on OT to 16 and pattern set on and set to 16 in options.
different parts have different settings so u could be on a part that isn’t set ?

1 Like

can you explain your midi routing? and so you have different lenghts per track on the machines?

I have ableton as master now but I used to just chain them with midi cables.
Yes different lengths,
The sequencer needs to know to change before the end of the pattern and have your master and change lengths set properly and it works

Midi routing I have OT as master to DN slave

I have both ch length set to 16.

It seems whenever I change a pattern on my OT, the DN pattern will change 16 steps after the change on my OT. If I use the DN as my master with the same settings they change on time.

Settings on OT-
Master - inf
Use pat set - 16/16
Scale - per track

Settings on DN-
ch len - 16
M len - inf

Does the OT send the program change when it actually changes? Is that why the DN changes the pattern 16 steps after the OT switches?

Beware, in MIDI > SYNC > Prog Change CH = AUTO is NOT Auto Channel.

If AUTO is chosen the first MIDI channel used by the audio tracks, and not used by any of the MIDI tracks, will be used.

Which means that by default it’s channel 1, because Audio Tracks channels are 1-8 by default. If you set a midi track to channel 1, AUTO becomes channel 2, and so on.
If you turn Audio Tracks channels to off, no channel at all!
Just don’t use that setting.

4 Likes

Working not working?
I plan to buy a DN. I want it slaved to OT, using MIDI > SYNC page.

No way I slave my OT, only to another OT!

2 Likes

It works, exactly same as all other elektrons, the problem is because set to inf…
can only change by hand if set to inf pc doesn’t work properly and changes late

1 Like

Master Length?

So you confirm it works with OT master > DN slave, MIDI SYNC page PC send without other gear ? (And regular scale settings)

I have sent support ticket to elektron because it is the same for all elektron gear when set to inf it changes late. I have A4,AR,OT and DN all the same

1 Like

Chng length doesn’t work properly from pc and changes late.
It works with regular scale settings if set the same master and slave.

Test on your Octatrack with A4 set to Chng 64, Master length inf it changes late

1 Like

Ok thanks!

I don’t want to test something that doesn’t work! :smile:

1 Like

Haha yes It’s just frustrating, don’t try

1 Like

The OT does not send a Program Change when you select a new pattern but sends it when the pattern is actually changing. So other gear lag behind. They have to finish their pattern length first.

Solution : The OT, or any other Elektron device should send the program change message out to other devices the moment the user selects a new pattern. So all devices can prepare for the pattern change at the same time.

PS: to you who say they solved it with setting the master length on all devices to 16. You say you’re devices are changing patterns at the same time?

With MIDI > SYNC > Prog Change it is sent just before the pattern change.

With Midi tracks Prog Change it is sent after, at the beginning of the new pattern. This is not appropriate for pattern change sync.

3 Likes

you’re right. Thanks

1 Like