Digitone, or Digitone Keys?

Big thing for me on the digi keys is you have keyboard and sequencer in one box! So you can also sequence and sync other ext desktops. With digitone you can either sync it or connect a keyboard.

1 Like

I’n also wondering whether to order a DT keys today I have found them new online for £859 or it’s £633 for the none keys version.

1 Like

I’ve had the non-Keys Digitone for almost a year. I just barely got a Keystep to go with it. I regret not getting a keyboard for it earlier! It really comes alive when you can play it. Personally I like this solution because the DN + Keystep is a lot more portable than the DK. I do wish I had the four stereo outs that the DK has, though.
If you’re a keyboard player and have the space, get the DK. If you’re more into the groovebox aspect and want it to be portable, get the DN. My two cents.

1 Like

Iv’e just ordered the keys version today it was a nice price. Coming tomorrow can’t wait to get stuck back in, I had the none keys version on first release Iv’e missed it.

2 Likes

The recent 1.30 update is seriously making me consider upgrading from DN to DK. Also, as my partner/band mate is learning to play keys at the moment and I’m the synth geek/guitarist who can’t play keys for shit, we might even use it in tandem. She plays the keys and uses the 8 knobs to control things, and I do tweaking and Ctrl-All on the other side

Craig, please let me be the small push you need to send you over the edge. Get that Keys!

1 Like

I think we will! Time to save up and sell a few things :slight_smile:

I think I just bought the DK in time today for this new update. Looking forward to a weekend of fun.

3 Likes

My DK is being delivered today between 15:45-16:45 so I’m just reading up a few things online.
Got a question for users of the DK.

These extra stereo track outputs? Are these dry signals (no fx) I’m assuming that the fx from the DK will only be applied to the main outs?

Reason I ask is that if this is so then I could use my BOSS 500 series pedals on these outs.

Rob

Yes, you got it right. You can take the stereo (or mono) out of each channel (dry) and feed it through your external fx. You can even feed it back into the stereo (or 2 x mono) inputs and send it through the digitone fx and distortion on top of that!
I’ve only had mine for about a week, so not messed with the separate outs too much yet.
You’ll love it, it’s such a lovely synth. The extra controls and keys really make it such a fluid experience.

2 Likes

Thanks for that, not long now for delivery

I’m excited for you!! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Well yesterday I got my new replacement DK as the first one they sent had a faulty encoder, the new one is absolutely perfect but I have a question about saving sounds.

So last night I started sound design with the DK, all perfect absolutely love the sound engine. Now my question is…

1. I’m on say T1 and I start designing my sound, I enter chord mode and make it a minor chord.

2. I then start to build my pattern with the chord, all is sounding great then I save pattern.

3. Now I export my sound, name it, tag it as a chord then hit save. All good

4. I switch to another pattern, load up my previously saved and tagged chord preset, BUT now after I load it in it’s no longer a chord unless I activate chord again???

5. So what was the point in me tagging it as a chord when I originally saved the sound to the +Drive or pool if when you come back to load that sound up and it isn’t a chord anymore.

6. So you have to activate chord when your in your pattern for the sound to work as a chord? I thought that when you saved your sound to the pool it’d stay in the state it was when last played in the original pattern. Confused!

Someone enlighten me here please. This is the only thing that baffles me, I can only assume as I said above whereas you have to activate chord in the pattern your actually in to have it sound like a chord as when it goes to the pool and you load that sound in to a new track/pattern it’s just a single note.

Thanks

From the manual :

5.2.3 SOUNDS
A Sound is a collection of the synth track settings in the SYN1, SYN2, FLTR, AMP, and LFO PARAMETER pages.

So, I assume that you have to enable Chord manually.

1 Like

Thanks that’s what I thought… means tagging sounds exported as “CHORD” is misleading to potential users.
The only way Iv’e found that the exact sound loads as a CHORD is if it’s used in the same pattern it was saved other wise if you try and load that same sound in to another pattern it’s just a boring singular sound until you engage the CHORD but I can work with that no problem at all.

Thanks

1 Like

You can Copy your Pattern to another one.

If you know that you are gonna use it on other Patterns, build your Chord on one Pattern and Copy it on several Patterns.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I do I was just wondering about why it doesn’t save to the sound pool as a chord then load back in to any pattern/track T1-4/Location you choose the same way so you don’t have to keep reactivating chord mode for “Tagged” sounds, just looks a waste of time having that tag in the menu when you’ve designed your saved sound.

The DK remembers all saved setting except the actual chord itself so I guess that it’s just not possible to save all features along with the sound EXCEPT of course if that sound has been used and saved in the original patter, no big deal but would be a nice feature if Elektron would let you save the sound in the state it was saved and tagged in.

1 Like

…chords and in which key they gonna shift remains pattern exclusive infos…

2 Likes

That’s ok with me just wanted to clarify… absolutely fantastic instrument, debating on Digitakt to pair up.

DK x4 internal tracks + x4 midi
DT x8 internal tracks + x8 midi

I suppose I could control a couple of other couple of analog sound modules using these two.

Yeah! Digitakt for my synths, Digitone for my pedals.