Digitone Mute Modes

Here is a response from Elektron support when I asked for help understanding the latest mute modes and associated track buttons/colours. Thought I’d post it here for other users who are/were confused like me.

To switch between Global mode and Pattern mode, you press and hold the Function key while double tapping the Bank key. Also, if you hold down the Function button, you can see what mode you are in (determined by the colour of the buttons) and which tracks are muted.

The mute LED indication was intentionally changed for this update (as mentioned in the release notes). It now works the same as on Digitakt and Syntakt.

• The selected track is shown in RED.
  • An unmuted track in global mute mode is shown in GREEN.
  • A muted track in global mute mode is UNLIT.
  • An unmuted track in pattern mute mode is shown in MAGENTA.
  • A muted track in pattern mute mode is UNLIT.
11 Likes

Hi, I updated my digitone to 1.41 firmware and I’m confused as well with the new behavior of the LED indications on track buttons. In particular, all tracks are UNLIT (both muted and unmuted tracks) and the selected track is RED. Even if I press play, I get not visual feedback from track buttons. I have to press Function to see which track is muted or unmuted and to see which track is triggered with a WHITE blinking.
Is it working the same for you?

1 Like

Yes, I’m having the same issue. Very annoying that they changed it without leaving the old mute mode colour options available.
A nice workaround would be to allow users to select a track when in global mute mode. Tracks are lit green like before and when you select a track it mutes/unmutes but there’s no way to actually select that track to work on it.
Should be a Func + Track to select it option.

I was also upset by no possibility to select track when being in global mute mode - I had to switch mode to select when I wanted tweak some parameters while jamming. I hope it will be fixed in the next update.

1 Like

It wasnt brilliant in 1.4, now its worse.
Mutes should be on the sequencer buttons.
Top row 1-4 = syn track mutes.
Bottom row 9-12 =midi track mutes.

I changed my track trigs to black and it’s amazing how much this has helped with seeing the color scheme. But yeah, I completely agree. They should just change it to the seq buttons (with a performance page with macros but that’s another rant)

same issue for me, impossible to understand aymore which tracks are muted or not…imediately loaded back the previous firmware