Digitone Mod Wheel internal control

Can Digitone’s Mod Wheel be controlled internally? I used to have a Digitone Keys and used lots of patches that had parameters controlled by the Mod Wheel. Now I have the desktop version of the DN and want to use those patches with Mod Wheel controlled parameters. The only way I can figure out how to do it is externally via MIDI (e.g., with a Digitakt).

Edit: I don’t think Mod Wheel is a possible destination for one of Digitone’s LFOs.

You answered your question. No, it cannot. Which is a shame, but it is what it is.

If you go into the mod wheel setup page, you can simulate mod wheel movement with the level/data knob. It’s not ideal for performance, but I find it good enough for setting modulation parameter ranges.

I guess another option is MIDI loopback, but that’s not really a great solution.

I saw a MIDI controller that was only mod wheel and pitch bend. It would be pretty hilarious to get one of those and have a separate box only for the purpose of modulation wheel. I kinda want to get one for the Digitone now.

5 Likes