Digitone MIDI control

And getting to use the DN lfo on MIDI also -oof !

1 Like

Let’s pray to the elektron overlords

3 Likes

hahaha!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: You made my day!

1 Like

I just really want to be able to capture pitchbend & modwheel movements from an external keyboard into the sequencer. I don’t understand the difficulty. The parameters are already there on the MIDI track and are able to be P-locked internally, so why not by a controller?

6 Likes

Hear, hear - Digitone ought to be so compatible, so intertwined with MIDI controller that they become one instrument - all units connected become one, and the person shall play music as a musician. You’re right : it seems to be right there just out of reach

1 Like

Like an itch you can’t scratch and there is only one person that can help you… Cenk :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also hope Cenk is not too busy babysitting to help with this.

1 Like

Hi, I have a question and hijack this thread for it to avoid creating a new one.
I am wondering if I can use my DN Midi in the following way. Actually everything seems to work but I would like to know if I am unwillingly creating some sort of Midi loopback.

I bought a Faderfox EC4 and would like to control my DN as well as some synths with it. Also having a Kenton Midi Merge and a Midi Thru for the connections. Basically it looks like in the picture.
Is it a problem to have both DN Midi Out and Thru going into the Kenton Midi Merge while Faderfox goes to Midi IN of DN? If I only connect one I can not control all three devices with Faderfox.
So my question is does this setup cause any Midi interferences?
Thank you!

The way I understand it is that DN Midi Out and Thru are both needed:

• DN Midi Out: for sending Midi data (e.g. note information) from DN and from my DAW via OB to the synths
  • DN Midi Thru: to transport CC data from Faderfox to the synths.

Hi chain, I’m interested in any answers you get. I posted a similar question just before you.
Send notes to synth at end of chain

I think instead of using autochannel of MC you need to adress the tracks’ midi channels in order to get sound. After all MC needs to know which sound to play.
And you should connect DN‘s Midi Thru with MC‘s Midi In.

For my usecase I am quite sure now that it is okay because no Midi data goes back to DN. Only Faderfox and DAW are sending Midi into DN.

Yes. Except MC already has DN going in to it. I think I have to get a midi merge box or something.

Yes, that would be the same as in my setup.
Out for the data from DN.
Thru for the data from Keystep.

Hi, were you able to try this out and did it work like you expected ?

Yes, so far working smoothly. And like I posted before since it is a one way MIDI route I do not expect any problems.

1 Like

Very good :+1: :partying_face:

1 Like

It’s not a problem if it is working for you.

If you only have a few downstream synths then you don’t need the Thru-5 box because the Merge-4 has two identical MIDI Out ports and the AS-1 has a MIDI Thru port.

You might not even need the Merge-4 box if you are careful about setting the MIDI channel numbers on the DN and the two synths.

2 Likes

Thanks, Peter! Yes, it is working and I simplified the setup in the picture. In fact there are some more synths fed with Midi signals by DN and EC4. Like you wrote it is just a downstream only.

2 Likes