Digitone MegaTutorial

Hello Elektronauts!
I’ve been making a Mega Tutorial of the Digitone! Finally… There’s so much to be said about this machine, and the sound engine is so elaborate, so it’s hard to know where to even begin. But here it is. And I have a feeling that I’ll make a couple of more specific follow-up videos. This is aimed for both beginners and above. I hope you’ll find something interesting in there.

48 Likes

I just got my DN and I was waiting for your mega tutorial, thanks a lot!

1 Like

yeeeeeee finallly! :smiley: thanks cuckoo for your time

1 Like

Excellent! I have been looking forward to you doing this since I got my Digitone.

1 Like

Great

1 Like

Stoked! I’ve been searching for some more high quality tutorials

1 Like

I was not aware you could “future paste” a pattern by pressing paste while you are holding the target pattern slot. That’s gold and I’m only about 1/4 of the way in, thanks Cuckoo

2 Likes

Just finished it, great stuff as always Cuckoo! The only thing missing (for me anyway) was a deeper dive into the Unison modes. Thanks again

1 Like

BOOYAH! I’ve been folding laundry and learning tons for the last half an hour or so.

1 Like

Awesome video, @cuckoomusic! Thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks man! would be great if you could do one for the Rytm MKII too!

1 Like

haha nice, thanks man!

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah there are a number of things I’d like to address in a follow up: Unison, arpeggio, midi sync, syncing patterns between machines, backing up, transfer.

11 Likes

Really good tutorial. I always learn something new from you. Yesterday however I fell asleep while watching :slight_smile: Not your fault.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Some Digitone newbie questions

Thanks a ton for this! My Digitone/Digitakt just arrived yesterday and your tutorial has been a ton of help. I’ve been working my way through the manual as well, but the visual aspect really cements it all together.

1 Like

Got my DN on Friday, and the MegaTutorial a day later! :smiley: Thanks, great one again!

1 Like

Excellent tutorial. Methodical, interesting and taught me a couple of neat tricks (I hadn’t even explored the velocity mods). Thanks for putting in the time and efforts to make and share this.

1 Like

What a fantastic tutorial- The overview of the memory layout was particularly helpful. Also, the manual was a bit unclear on the two different sound managers, which made using the sound pool a mystery. Finally, it never occurred to me to program notes on trigs by simply holding down the trig button and turning the root note knob.

1 Like

elektron manuals a bit unclear is a very nice way of saying it. I’ve spent quite some time with 4 of them and they still give me headaches when I look for something specific.