Digitone Learning "Curve"

As a first-time Elektron device owner, here’s a map of my learning curve…
lc

Best resources to bend this a bit (other than the manual)?

:astonished:

3 Likes

youtube videos :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yes!
Good tutorial.

And: Time. Take it.

1 Like

Yep - seen this one. @cuckoomusic is great to learn from. Thx for the tip.

7 Likes

This one was superb. Learned a ton in just one sitting. What an instrument!

Just wish he’d say which button combos he used - had to stop and rewind so so many times to catch what he did.

Thanks for recommending!

1 Like

the button combos are pretty much just function + whatever. and the function descriptions are written in blue under each button so you can generally find your way to what you’re looking for on the front panel.

unless I’ve forgotten something, I’m not in front of my digitone :slight_smile:

Twiddle knobs until it sounds good. Record, repeat. Thats pretty much it.
I dont think I’m going to bother with saving my own patches, I quite like the ever changing nature of open patch flow.

3 Likes

It’s pretty easy to use the Digitone as a sound module inside of a DAW; as easy a plug-in. It’s easy to use it as a sequencer for external MIDI devices. When you want it to do more - like when you become inspired by a Digitone jam video on YouTube… well, that’s where the steep learning begins. Especially the videos that leave you wondering why your Digitone doesn’t sound like theirs. You just need to have a curiosity.

I found love anew for my Digitone when I discovered this YouTube channel. Ivar Tryti is a creative dude. The comments in his Digitone videos are full of owners who are both jealous and learning from his advanced skills… and he has a couple of tutorials to boot.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_jlrzu9GMK_15BcTD1tJpg

2 Likes

Why would you want to bend that? The quickest way between point A and B is a straight line. That line is “almost” straight :crazy_face:

Mostly true. There’s almost certainly an Elektron muscle memory that needs time to develop.

Cuckoo’s tutorial is probably the best place to start, then just experiment by yourself and use the manual as reference. It seems much more confusing than it actually is, everything is very intuitive once you get used to the workflow.

2 Likes

Look at preset projects you can learn a lot from them.

3 Likes