Digitone Keys vs Korg Opsix

Hi, I don’t own any current Elektron gear and never could really afford to tbh. But I just ordered a Korg OPSix because Korg was forced to discontinue it due to chip shortages. When I heard I could pick one up at 57% off ($330+ tax=$363 vs $799+ tax originally), it was a no brainer.

It arrives Friday, but as I get familiar with it over the coming months, I might consider a Digitone. The OPSIX has no audio in. But the Digitone does. I assume this might allow interesting sounds from other gear to get processed, but if I’m wrong feel free to correct me.

I couldn’t say which sounds better. But most of my gear has been Behringer synths/drum clones, and I’ve made ok acid house, but just felt some FM would fill in some blanks. I’ve seen a lot of great gear slip through the cracks, and I didn’t want to pass by on the deal of the year. But I’m sure it will help me understand FM much better than my Yamaha DX200. I hope to eventually get the DN and have it compliant my setup.

I think the build quality of the Digitone Keys is much higher. Opsix is all plastic and people said the keybed is not very good.