Digitone Keys direct out channel bleed

I love the DNK but jeez louise the amount of hardware problems I’m having…

The latest is noticing that some of the direct outputs from the 4 tracks leak and bleed into each other. For me especially playing on T2 produces the same sound output to appear on the otherwise silent outputs of T3 and T4 at around -50db (as measured at AD converter). Needless to say that this is extremely worrying and a total fail on part of QA…

Anyone else have this? For me it’s better or worse depending on the channel. T2 and T3 are for me the worst at creating sound at other outputs.

I don’t know whether it’ll make much difference, but if you’re using unbalanced TS connections, switching to balanced TRS connections might help?

I’ve tested both. Why would balanced make a difference though. If there’s extra signal at the jack contact point, how does inserting a balanced cable change that?

Well, balanced audio connections use differential signalling to cancel out interference/noise.
Normally that is buzzing/humming, but I thought it might be worth checking to see if it helps with channel bleed at low signal levels, if you were using an unbalanced connection.

ok, just to be clear the signal I’m getting on the other outputs is not noise or interference, it’s the actual audio from the other channel.

I think the idea is that if it is something that would be solved by a balanced cable then anything but the original signal would be eliminated.

balanced cables cancel out interference “during transit” of the audio moving through the cable. if the interfering signal is already present at the output, a balanced cable won’t do anything to fix it.