Digitone keys DAW issue

Hi,
I’ve just got the Digitone keys and am able to figure out how to use it as a controller in my DAW ( playing my DAW VSTS’s on the Keyboard) but I can’t seem to figure out how to hear the actual presets from the DGTK in my DAW once connected via the USB Cable. I’ve been through the DGTK menus and looked at all the obvious switches to activate and none allow the sound of the synth to play via my selected recording track.
It should be automatic in my mind that the DAW should recognise it and enable its audio to be heard. What am I not switching on here? The DAW track volume is on . I am noticing the DAW hasn’t recognised the DGTK once they’re connected via USB. It did randomly recognised it once while I was flipping through the menu and then I saw a line level jump but no audio , even when DAW audio volume was on. Very odd.
I know I’m supposed to make sure my interface recognises the DGTK but it isn’t.
I’m obviously missing something incredibly simple or Elektron have made it too complex.

Is it possible that in the SYSTEM -> USB CONFIG menu, you have USB MIDI checked and not USB AUDIO/MIDI?

I have figured out that if I connect a 1/4 inch jack to track 1 output that I can record the DK’s sound which is fine. I just presumed that the USB would allow the audio through like that as well. I have tried every configuration in the menu set up but no sound in my DAW.
It’s annoying because the manual appears to not explain this either. I can only assume USB allows the DK to be a controller but not allow its audio in. ? :thinking::thinking:

Do you have digitone set up at the audio interface in your DAW?

What daw?

GarageBand is the DAW. DK is not showing up in the interface even with USB connected from DK to DAW. I saw it briefly pop up as recognised but client figure out what I’d done to do that - and now it’s not showing. I keep switching the synth on and off to reboot but nothing,

You didn’t answer this question.

Also, which OS version is on your digitone? I think before 1.30 you need to use Overbridge to get audio over USB, but now you should only need the setting above.

Which system?
The GarageBand?
Or
Digitone?

Hey, in this instance he’s referring to menu of the digitone. Here you go, if you want to look further you can reference the pages 78-79 shown in the screencap of the manual.

2 Likes