Digitone freezing

If you don’t still have this file, I’ll upload 1.40B so you can upgrade to that instead of trying to go straight up to 1.40C. You can select “OS UPGRADE” from test mode and initiate the sysex through transfer that way.

Digitone_and_Digitone_Keys_OS1.40B.zip (1.0 MB)

"Use this menu option if you for some reason cant upgrade the Digitone OS using the standard procedure in
the SYSTEM menu. To send the OS file, use our free Elektron Transfer software. The Elektron Transfer can
be downloaded from the Elektron website.

1. Download the Digitone OS file from the Elektron website.
  2. Connect the Digitone’s MIDI IN port to the MIDI OUT port of the computer’s MIDI interface.
  3. Hold down the [FUNC] key while powering on Digitone. This takes you to the STARTUP menu.
  4. Press the [TRIG 4] key to enter OS UPGRADE mode.
  5. Open the Transfer application on your computer. On the Transfer CONNECTION page, click “go to the
    SYSEX TRANSFER page”.
  6. On the SYSEX TRANSFER page, click “OS Upgrade via device startup menu”, and then follow the onscreen instructions.
    When the update is done, the Digitone will reboot."

If the issue clears up and you can use 1.40B normally, maybe try to version up with sysex again after confirming the issue is resolved. If none of this fixes it, may be a bigger problem but at least worth the attempt.

I don’t know if wiping the data before shuffling the OS will help, it might, but I’d be careful about that until you confirm your backup was successful.

1 Like