Digitone freezing

Hi!

My DN accidentally froze when starting. Rebooting do not help. I have latest OS and there was no any problems with my DN before.

Does anyone experience this too?

Aleks

You can try and run test mode to see if it uncovers any faults with your DN.

Press and hold the [FUNC] key while powering up the Digitone to access the STARTUP menu. Here you can perform a variety of tasks. Press the corresponding [TRIG] key to choose the different alternatives.

Press the [TRIG 1] key to enter TEST mode.

For testing purposes, a short sound is sent through all outputs of the unit.

You can perform this self-test if you have any trouble with your Digitone and suspect it may be due to a hardware problem. Use the [UP] and [DOWN] keys to scroll through the test log. A fully functional device should not report any errors. Please contact Elektron support or the retailer that you bought your Digitone from if the device log reports an error.

2 Likes

thank u.

the test didn’t find any problems. so i decided to send latest OS through midi, it received file but then aborted. it said “upgrade aborted. please reboot”.

then i tried to empty reset, but nothing happened. only the same image like before when it freezed. same with factory reset.

so now i don’t know what to do.

Contact Elektron support.

3 Likes

It happened with mine yesterady while I was tweaking the parameter. Just turned it off, and turned it back on after a while, and it worked

Don’t forget to wait a little before restarting.

Sometimes that makes the difference. After shutting down, give it 30 seconds to a minute before restarting it.