Digitone for violent aggressive music

Hi!
I plan to switch from A4 to Digitone.
I play mostly some aggressive to ultraviolent ear drilling music…
Digital hardcore, electronic punk, industrial, breakcore, broken hardcore… and some claustrophobic amd dark dub and hiphop.
I use a minitaur through a bass big muff for bass. And used a Metasonix Scrotum smasher on the mixer aux for the A4.
Do you think that soundwise, digitone will fit?
Thank you

5 Likes

Yeah, I used it for a bunch of noise and industrial stuff. It’s really good for glitchy, rhythmic nastiness.

5 Likes

…it’s an industrial beast…no worries…ear drilling and earth shakin’ is an easy task with the dtone…u don’t even have to run it’s outputs to anything xtra…it’s internal operator against each other tuning variations and overdrive stages will do all fine…

3 Likes

Feedback, spread and distortion are your friend.

4 Likes

This thread already exists in your own thread

5 Likes

Maybe consider an Analog Heat as well, or if you can, as mentioned on your other thread, keep your A4: you would be able to get 4 different flavor of analog distorsion on top of your DN :wink:

But yes, DN alone can already go crazy aggressive:

9 Likes

This vid may be of interest:

11 Likes

Hook me from the beginning with the Coil shirt…

8 Likes
19 Likes

Yes, baseck

1 Like

0-Day Sysex release by Auvrel:

If you buy it - you get the patterns so you can see and hear your own Digitone producing this crunchiness.

————

Ess M / Auvrel is an artist and designer based in Göteborg, Sweden
The obsession with synthesizers led Ess to work on the Digitone FM synth for the company Elektron.

Ess has of course since moved on to Fors…

11 Likes

Such great examples! Exactly the sounds I am looking for!

3 Likes

That second video was the one that originally sold me on the DN.

1 Like

If anyone needed any proof, this is it!

2 Likes

Dn is great for this, I like a mix of melody and noise. Does both equally great. Just made an idm/jungle hardcore punk hybrid. Super noisy and heavy

1 Like

It remembers me Clark on his double album Feast/Beast :slightly_smiling_face:

i think it will.

8 Likes

Not impressed. It’s too hifi, too digital. You’d at least need a good external filter to get real nastyness out of it. Like an Erica synths filter or an MS-20 filter clone.

2 Likes

My favourite is Shernan Filterbank and a FET compressor to add warmth and polish digital harshness into analog grunge.

2 Likes

For sho. Sherman is a beast

1 Like