Digitone feature requests!

Interesting ideas for the DN, I hope they could manage to avoid clicks in the release and voice stealing :pray:

You guys know thereā€™s a thread for this already right?

14 Likes

And we can expect to have the Parameters of each LFO on the SAME page (just like they did with DT).

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure nobody has requested anything for DN until now.

1 Like

Wavetables!!!

1 Like

Yes, because of the dimmer they are kinda ā€œobligedā€ to bring updates to all boxes with the same kind of display. Elektron for sure knows that it sucks to have several of their boxes in our studios in different states of light.
Anything else however is optional and on top.
For DN I could imagine that the points @Soarer pointed out might come. At least I hope.

2 destinations per LFO and being able to use the operator envelopes to other destinations pleaseee

3 Likes

Audio routing per pattern would be cool too. Like in a form of ā€˜sends onlyā€™ parameter.

1 Like

Iā€™d already be a happy man if we get the input, UI and eq improvements the digitakt received in the last update.
The only thing that really bugs me on the DN is that the arp doesnā€™t swing. Please, elektron, let it swing!

4 Likes

Do any former monomachine users or other Elektron fans miss parameter slides on the Digitone? Iā€™d love me a digi but that seems like a weird omission unless thereā€™s something Iā€™m missing that makes it unnecessary

2 Likes

Parameter slides would be great, but p locking LFOs can be used to approximate this. Not ideal, I know, but when I think about how parameter slides are implemented on the octatrack, itā€™s also pretty cumbersome to edit them.
If they implement slide trigs on the DN, I hope they do it with a simple button combo, like fn+trig for trigless locks, but maybe with the page or midi button.

1 Like

You can get very similar behavior using the LFO. It is a bit of a chore but you can get parameter slides that way.

1 Like

Switchable Monotimbral 4 layer FM mode in project settings. This mode can edit, save and load multilayer sounds. They can be sequenced on 1 track only. Track 2 to 4 can sequencenadditional trigless trigs for track 1 and in addition aftertouch, modulationwheel and the reverb, delay and chorus settings. These can be muted and unmuted. This exclusive mode can stack 4 FM engines with a 4 channel, 4 envelope vca/mixer combo.
Kinda like the way tracksounds allready can be tied together to play al sounds at once in current firmware but with a twist.

You can already do a lot of what you describe with Layering. Check out https://youtu.be/ZG57-SVVt8I

Yes. Not native English so perhaps my post is a bit blurry. My idea was to create a mode that make it a lot easier to create mult layered sound and be able to save and load as one sound. Now you have to save 4 sounds like pad 1 layer 1 etc and load them separately. Like now itā€™s 4 times the same engine with one master fx. How about a mode with one big quad FM sound engine . Elektron will add that, itā€™s a no brainer :joy:

Ah, I see. Something like whatā€™s called a ā€œcombiā€ patch on other synths, where you can stack sounds and load it as one.

As a workaround, you could save a pattern with this set up, in e.g. Bank H of your project, and copy it from there.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a good workaround indeed. Gonna give that a try

1 Like

I hope so,
the digitones lfos are just awkward compared to the digitakt now.
Iā€™ve never gelled with the DN lfos how they are

5 Likes

My Digitone has been gathering dust for a few months now, truth is I planned to sell it in the coming weeks but I guess Iā€™m gonna wait some more to see if a new update drops.

To me the equation is quite simple: either they bring kits from the big boxes to the Digitone or Iā€™m out. Itā€™s useless to me as a live instrument as it is, and thatā€™s just sad because the synth engine is great.

Thatā€™d be dope. A cool way to visualize the movements on the effected parameters per track.

2 Likes