Digitone feature requests!

You can very easily add (complex) chords with the track note method.
(10.2.3 GRID RECORDING USING TRACK NOTE METHOD)

MIDI Arp and Random Arp are high on my wishlist too!

6 Likes

Selectable wavetables for harmonics parameter

This will turn Digitone into FM wavetable synth.

LFO with two destinations for each

Loopable envelope with rise/fall/sustain/destination

Low Pass Gate Filter

Comb Filter

Synth ratio all offset as LFO destination

6 Likes

Ability to indicate a parameter that is good to manipulate during a performance. e.g. Func + Click Knob will display on the screen either by having a brighter or less bright border around that parameter or an asterisks? Since, the smaller form of this box does not allow for performance macros like the AR or A4.

There are a lot of parameters that can be changed e.g. feedback, depending on the sound, sometimes it is a good parameter to tweak, sometimes not so much. So, during live performances if maybe there is a way to indicate that this is a good parameter for tweaking then it will make life easier. As I sure as hell canā€™t remember this for all my patches.

Simple EQ (three or four band) on the master page could be great :slight_smile:

That, and the usual: MIDI arp, Arp & FX P-locksā€¦

5 Likes

it is probably said a couple of times, but I would love some kind of kit functionality.
my digitone is following the patterns from rytm and octa, and I use it a lot to play and tweak a sound, but when it jumps to the next pattern, you guess what happens to the soundā€¦

a solution for this could be to turn on and off program changes receive when necessary, but I have other sounds on the digitone that do follow the pattern sequences.

it is the only thing really annoying me, all the other limitations I can live with.

5 Likes

Was watching some demoā€™s of the ā€˜Basimilus Iteritas Alterā€™ https://www.noiseengineering.us/shop/basimilus-iteritas-alter
This drum percussion synth module is based on additive synthesis and sounds amazing.

Kind of interesting if there come some additive synth algorithms for the Digitone.

The more you use it, youā€™ll be able to know this stuff intuitively and be able to do it with your eyes closed.

1 Like

More Arp Modes please. e.g. RND, SHF etc.

1 Like

And also more scales.

3 Likes

I really, Really, REALLY want p-lock on arp!!

5 Likes

Key tracking LFO speeds would be amazing!

Itā€™s one of my favourite analog four features.

3 Likes

I wish there was a way to control pitch bend, mod wheel, and aftertouch of a MIDI channel from a MIDI controller.

I know those parameters already exist in the DN on the MIDI source pages, but I canā€™t seem to control them using my MIDI controller.

if this ability already exists, Iā€™d love to figure out how to use it, I also created a page discussing this called Digitone MIDI control

5 Likes

First of all I would like that if we get new features like in the last update, they are at least bugsfree!

Recently bought Korg prophecy from 95 can send out random arp on its midi out but a boutique A4 or a DN hell no! It even has more scales then DN! So same arp settings like in A4 + output to midi ffs, also for A4 + slides to midi out pfff! And more scalesā€¦
Give us some unusual scales like oriental/arabian scales, (DN would benefit a lot from such scales) userscales? Looping envelopes? More filter options (comb, lpg?) ā€¦

3 Likes

While scrolling through sounds it would be nice to hear the notes which are already sequenced on the designated track when unmuted.

Also while scrolling through sounds: pre-listen the sound, even when itĀ“s played with an external midi keyboard. for now digitone just plays the already selected sound on the track, when using external gear. if you just use the digi keyboard you can listen the sounds while scrolling.

And at least one more LFO per midi track would be great!

4 Likes

use the auto channel to preview sounds when played externally, not the track channel

previewing with sounds is possible by loading them with a Fn+Yes on other boxes, it loss teh sounds though, so youā€™d need to reload the kit (or whatever trick is required on DN) to get back the original - thereā€™s no way to soft preview a loading on any boxes

2 Likes

A couple more LFOs would be nice.

4 Likes

i assigned midi track 1-4 and the keystep to my virus snow midi 1-4.
the digi tracks 1-4 assigned to 11-14. so chance, or?

also cue mutes would be great. so tracks mute at the loop end of the pattern or unmute at beginning of a new loop.

2 Likes

Oh and besides Arp P-locks, performance knobs! The 2nd amp page for example, had 4 free encodersā€¦!

1 Like