Digitone feature requests!

That’s genuinely genius, a +1 for this from me.

2 Likes

Please oh please can we have the fold function from the syntakt keyboard mode, it makes playing a weird set of buttons as notes a billion times more accessible.

6 Likes

re-arrange internal mixer controls for better performance

• internal mixer page currently has:
    [T1 ] [T2]
    [T3] [T4]
    at encoders C D G H, in a square.
    using your palm you can only rotate 2 at the same time

placing them in a straight line like so:
[T1 ] [T2] [T3] [T4]
at encoders A B C D, would make it possible to affect all tracks with one hand

using encoder E for Master Overdrive, will make it consistently placed with Drive on AMP page, and would not interfere with right hand in A B C D level configuration.

P.S. i understand that it was arranged in a square to be inline with colorful track buttons, but for someone who used mixers for a while, having them not in line makes things less intuitive.

3 Likes

that would be insane! what i currently do is shorten the pattern to a manageable length and tweak that one p-locked sound and then copy paste it over the pattern, but it’s tedious work especially over more then one page and if you have more then one p-locked sound you must remember where they all are… this could be huge improvement!

1 Like

ARP upgrade:

• offset snapping to keyboard scale of the track
  • random play-mode
  • func+yes randomisation
  • swing

im sure most of these were mentioned before, hope they are not forgotten!

also agree with this one! it even fits great because there are 3 unused slots :flushed:

6 Likes

Filter FM? This is a source of many great sounds on even the simplest analog synths. With a 4-operator FM synth it could have the capability to create mayhem, so maybe the option to limit it somehow would be great. Let’s say you could select which operators should act as modulation sources.

3 Likes

Ok, so after spending a LOT of time programming stuff on the Digitone Keys, I have some workflow and functionality requests. These probably won’t apply to the desktop version.

• Velocity is a big part of FM keys sounds, and while DN excels with it’s sequencer, velocity is very important with the keyboard version. Alas, it’s hidden away in the menu, quite a few button presses. A shortcut of some sort would save me a lot of time.

• On the same department: The Arpeggiator on the Keys version should be velocity sensitive. Now the arp plays at one velocity for all the notes. But having a velocity per note is really mandatory. (If the Waldorf Kb37 can do it the Digitone should definitely be able to do it)

• Can we have a Chord Mode with just a 5th? Now it’s all triads, and I’m constantly sacrificing a whole track to add a 5th.

• Can we have a setting where the Mod Wheel is active on all channels? Or better: on all the channels you tell it to be active? I know I could use a midi loopback function, but my live set is already pretty dense with midi connections, and frankly, being able to control multiple tracks from one modwheel is pretty obvious and amazing feature.

• Fixed Frequency for the operators, INCLUDING the good old 1hz DX7 trick where everything sounds like it’s been though a meatgrinder.

Besides this, love the thing. :smiley:

7 Likes

There is a setting to apply the MOD wheel to all tracks. I can’t remember exactly where the setting is off the top of my head.
I’ll have a look this evening.
Otherwise, everything else on your list would be really useful.

1 Like

Really? I couldn’t find it anywhere, not in the manual, nowhere online, apart from workarounds. Would be great if it’s in a menu somewhere!

It’s in SETTINGS: CONTROL: MW/PB CONFIG.
You have the option of ACTIVE SOUND or ALL SOUNDS .
It’s on page 79 of the DK manual.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! Gonna have tons of fun with that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please make arpeggiator and transposition work with KB SCALE selection. It’s really such a shame that it doesn’t respect the scale right now. You basically aren’t able to transpose melodies without editing, and editing breaks the flow so hard.

8 Likes

This is totally undoable without a total rebuild, but I wish the DN had the physical layout of the DT and ST . The larger buttons are so much nicer.

4 Likes

I guess it has been asked already hundred of times but a way to manage sounds by kit and by bank would be so great. For example, it could be a choice like the tempo, you could set the sounds per bank.
I really like to produce entire ambient tracks on this device but it’s so boring when I want to test a new sound on a track and had to change it pattern per pattern.

1 Like

its not a big deal but i often land my fingers on the side of the button instead of the center, thus pushing a bit to the side instead of straight down.

but!

i think it can be greatly minigated by a set of custom buttons that are rounded more.
current trig keys are basically same mould as FUNC/MIDI/PTN/BANK/PAGE ect, which dont have that issue because they are oriented horizontally, thus making landing spot wider.

i wouldnt trade dedicated track buttons for DT/ST layout though, i think they are crucial for a poly synth workflow.

1 Like

If we had the ST/DT layout, the TRK plus a step would be the track buttons, also allowing for track selection while in mute mode!!!

3 Likes

I still wish there was a way to convert midi files into a DN .sysex :pray:

I just wanna echo the mute mode ideas earlier in the thread, mute mode that is similar to takt using the trig buttons would be super useful. Being able to mute or change scenes on the rytm with my left hand and mute internal and sequencer tracks at the same time with my right on the digi would make for really great dramatic drop outs etc.

3 Likes

absolutely. i think its the most important update DN can have right now. :+1:

updating mute mode will allow:

1. trig-mutes for internal and midi tracks at the same time
  2. track buttons for switching and editing track sounds without exiting mute mode
3 Likes

Not sure if mentioned above but I want the ducking amp envelope on the master from ST! Not sure if there is enough DSP to spare but if so I would imagine this would be a doable addition…