Digitone feature requests!

Not really! If you mess it up you can just hit No+LFO!

I think the timeout was a bad choice and should be removed. Changing LFO settings on previous devices has never been an issue.

Sorry for not being more specificā€¦inadvertently changing an LFO destination can be very LOUD. That is my major concern.

2 Likes

Maybe they should change the way it works entirely. Make it so turning the knob does nothing, instead you have to press it first. No need for confirmation or timeout. If you use another knob the change is committed and the popup menu goes away.

1 Like

How about just making the initial turn to open the LFO assignment menu less sensitive and removing the timeout completely.
Once the menu is open the knob regains normal sensitivity.
Confirm with yes, discard with no.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s probably the best solution that hardly anyone would notice, and would only benefit from

1 Like

Agree with this. I have no issue pressing YES when I change the LFO, but the LFO popup timeout adds stress when Iā€™m choosing a destination. I even scroll it back and forth to try to keep it open.

Maybe the click encoder could be used to toggle the behavior if the LFO popup stays open, or closes automatically (like a ā€œpinā€ and ā€œunpinā€ action).

2 Likes

While weā€™re on the subject of timeouts, I also hate the timeout for pattern select.
Sometimes I just want to switch patterns while jamming, especially when using multiple machines.
And sometimes Iā€™m waiting for a pattern to loop around and it times out just before I want to select a pattern.

I would like an option that just keeps the pattern select open, also after selection.

Maybe a global no timeouts option?

2 Likes

Elektron gear always gets lots of interesting updates and usually few big ones as well, but I feel like Digitone has been left into shadows a bit.

Just give it 6 operators and it will make waves! New algorithms you could get from 6op would explode and Digitones would fly off the shelves!

2 Likes

Please Kb fold for next firmware! :smiley:

13 Likes

Iā€™d like to see Pattern-Change-Options like in the AR and AF. Would be really cool.

1 Like

More filter types would be the bees knees baby, a notch would be top notch

9 Likes

After seeing a Syntakt demo: Iā€™d like to get a Chords mode like the one in the Chords machine on Syntakt, maybe with Chords as 1-2 p-lockable parameters.

3 Likes

Requesting a personalization option ā€”REC MODE TRACK CLEAR ONLY or CONFIRM PATTERN CLEAR ā€” a safety that protects against unintended PATTERN CLEAR or PATTERN TRIG CLEAR while in REC MODE, for :3lektron: newbies like me. (Itā€™s IMHO ā€œjust easier than it needs to beā€ to clear the pattern trigs in ā€œthe heat of the momentā€ā€¦)

REC MODE TRACK CLEAR ONLY could limit FUNC-PLAY when in ANY REC MODE to only clear the TRACK. Leave PATTERN CLEAR or PATTERN TRIG CLEAR to the more labor-intensive methods, like entering the PATTERN MENU and choosing CLEAR: manual section ā€œ10.7.3 CLEARā€.

CONFIRM PATTERN CLEAR could pop up a yes/no dialog requiring confirmation before clearing pattern trigs while in REC MODE.

Because: itā€™s buzzkill when I clear my working pattern by not noticing which record mode Iā€™m in when I hit FUNC-PLAY, intending to clear a track. By the time I notice Iā€™ve done this, sometimes itā€™s too late to undo. Then Iā€™m left scratching my head about whether the pattern was saved to the TEMP SAVE or not, or whether it was saved to the project or not (probably not), plus philosophizing about what it means that the Digi boxes and Model boxes are all ā€œsaving everything all the timeā€ but I just lost my pattern by not focusing on which REC mode I was inā€¦?

In the meantime, I could get better about doing TEMP SAVE more oftenā€¦ but every time I lose my work I put the DN aside for awhileā€¦

I turned to the manual for help, but the section under 10.10.6 COPY, PASTE AND CLEAR OPERATIONS is ambiguous. Iā€™m going to post about this in the documentation thread.

4 Likes

Losing work has definitely made me a lot more conscious of which mode Iā€™m in :slight_smile:

I donā€™t temp-save nearly enoughā€¦

2 Likes

Seriously, I donā€™t get why the button combination for pattern clear is not just PTN + PLAY(Clear).
Any other combination doesnā€™t make sense.

3 Likes

Doesnt FUNCTION+CLEAR wirk for you? One step less.

The problem with FUNC + PLAY(Clear) is that it is double assigned depending on REC mode.
It makes no sense at all, while PTN + PLAY(Clear) does nothing at the moment.

4 Likes

True. I see what you mean.They could assign a singular function pattern clear. Hopefully, next update

1 Like

Iā€™ve been working with my DK again lately, and man, the whole ā€œbrand new everythingā€ upon pattern change is such a drag.

I propose a ā€œcontinuous modeā€ or something like that, where the tracks/voices/all the other sound settings remain the same in a project unless you change them, just like the RYTM, OT, and A4.

This would also allow one to tweak parameters continuously and avoid jumping to saved values upon pattern change, which has donked me up dozens of times.

3 Likes

Hey guys, do you believe this thread is even read by Elektron team, or it is just a blackhole where our fancy pink unicorns disappear forever ? Iā€™d be curious to know how many wishes have been granted.