Digitone feature requests!

That is exactly what algorithm 7 does when MIX is at 0.

I’m sure this has been mentioned before but I’d love a way to key modify the sensitivity of the dials. Trying to dial in a MIDI channel is an absolute pain. Maybe Func plus value could s reduce sensitivity. Love everything else about the unit.

2 Likes

yep, knobs are way too sensitive for discrete values (which I don’t need to be that incrementally precise anyway – whole values or at most tenths of whole values would be fine in 99% of cases)

1 Like

That’s going to give you two notes not four, won’t it?

I would like Keyboard Fold from the Syntakt, please.

6 Likes

Nope, algo 7 makes all operators audible (when MIX is at 0) and in addition to that, A and B2 can be used as modulators too. From the manual:

The lines going to X and Y indicate the output from a carrier. There are two different ways a carrier output is sent to the X/Y outputs: 1. Its amplitude is unaffected by the operator envelope (dotted line). 2. Its amplitude is affected by the operator envelope (filled line).

As you can see, all operators on algorithm 7 have lines going straight to X and Y:

Straight from @Ess:

4 Likes

Ah, I missed that part in the manual and guess I assumed they represented feedback. Thanks for that, I’m excited to play around with that when my 2nd DN comes (downgraded from DNK)

3 Likes

i don’t use my digitone because i prefer an ipad app (i think an 8 euros app) that can control the envelopes curve.

A Digitone MkII with the analog fx engine from the Syntakt and maybe 6 voice polyphony sounds really great right now

1 Like

It already got 8. It’s more like 24 voices if you meant it per track.

3 Likes

I don’t know why I had a brain fart and thought the DN was 4 track for a second there. Nvm that part!

+1 to this and shocked it doesn’t have a hundred upvotes

I actually assumed it was added since I had my first DN

What the heck

3 Likes

semitone snapping for Ratio Offset on SYN1 page 2 while holding FUNC

EDIT: i thoguht about it some more and im not sure it makes sense for the engine
initial thought was to make it easier to do paraphony on certain algorithms
i dont know if its going to be a detriment to have that snapping there though

Whats your thoughts?

In MIDI mode: to be able to parameter lock the MIDI channel. Even as an option (I reckon it would bring some technical challenges) would be very handy to send notes to different channels from a single track. Nice for multitimbral gear with more than 4 channels, like a Nord Drum 3 for example.

5 Likes

I’m wrapping up my first week with DN;

I am surprised that there aren’t pattern play direction options,
everything just moves forward, not a big deal, but could be a really cool feature (& I’d imagine extremely simple to implement, compared to a lot of requests)…

also, on the mixer page with all 4 tracks,
it’d be much more convenient to have the L/R/LR volume (maybe duplicated) on a levels page??
And the Master Drive grouped with the L/R/LR FX sends on the other Master page.

Thinking out loud, happy to be here. Wanted one of these for quite a while.

5 Likes

hold step + Imp/Exp = export sound from that step to drive or pool

it would make editing sequences with p-locked sounds a breeze.

Example:

• you have a drum sequence
    you want to change all snares
    change one snare in one of the steps
    save it over that snare sound in sound pool

This function would skip you opening empty pattern and setting desired preset as track sound first, before you can export it. I wonder if other devices can benefit from step export.

22 Likes

That’s genuinely genius, a +1 for this from me.

2 Likes

Please oh please can we have the fold function from the syntakt keyboard mode, it makes playing a weird set of buttons as notes a billion times more accessible.

6 Likes

re-arrange internal mixer controls for better performance

• internal mixer page currently has:
    [T1 ] [T2]
    [T3] [T4]
    at encoders C D G H, in a square.
    using your palm you can only rotate 2 at the same time

placing them in a straight line like so:
[T1 ] [T2] [T3] [T4]
at encoders A B C D, would make it possible to affect all tracks with one hand

using encoder E for Master Overdrive, will make it consistently placed with Drive on AMP page, and would not interfere with right hand in A B C D level configuration.

P.S. i understand that it was arranged in a square to be inline with colorful track buttons, but for someone who used mixers for a while, having them not in line makes things less intuitive.

3 Likes

that would be insane! what i currently do is shorten the pattern to a manageable length and tweak that one p-locked sound and then copy paste it over the pattern, but it’s tedious work especially over more then one page and if you have more then one p-locked sound you must remember where they all are… this could be huge improvement!

1 Like