Digitone feature requests!

I got really excited for a sec but it still doesn’t seem to be it. That setting seems to only apply to pressing the trig keys, not notes recorded into the sequencer…sucks , wtf

Yes please.

5 Likes

On DT/DN and heat please. I don’t mind if it’s replaced from stepped, sample and hold trig can fill the gap.

An option to disable the OCT and PITCH and MOD keys or an option to require using FUNC with them. I am consantly hitting them by accident while using the wheels. Do the staff at Elektron all have crab claws for hands??

a noise generator,know there 's some tricks
but would be cool for sound design to have some noise with
options like colour amount filter

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s very sad actually. Asking Elektron for years to update DT/DN sequencers into more traditional manner with start point, resets, step offs, And various other things… like nobody knows how playable and fun it could b : )

You can modulate a sine LFO (depth or speed, depending what you’re going for) with the other LFO (rnd or triangle shape works nicely) to get a smooth but random curve.

I am basically about to take back my DNK. The hardware is top notch, and the sound engine is fantastic. The sequencer is fun and it is relatively easy to create interesting patches. Some aspects surrounding usability, sadly, are just murder, and it’s just not worth having this almost $1K metal slab around that frustrates so much. Death by a thousand cuts.

I thought I’d post everything I dislike about this beautiful device, to add to the pile, and if some things others agree with, if I haven’t already contacted Elektron about them I’ll send fix/feature requests. Some things I’ve posted before, just putting them all in one place.

This post is unapologetically negative. I’m in a severe kind of headspace. Call it tough love.

• sound pool implementation - a pain to edit sound pool sounds
  • multi map is basically zones now so i don’t understand why it’s not part of the sound structure
  • no way to switch projects over MIDI, even though there are numbered slots. discourages using it as a sound module for an external sequencer
  • the position of the octave keys below the wheels
  • the knobs. hardware wise, they are good, software though … tremendously bad. they have acceleration, so a wide range of speeds, but they are not what I would call precise, and they lag horribly.
  • the LFO pages are badly designed, they should just be one LFO per page, I am constantly switching back and forth
  • making snares and other percussion is a pain due to the LFO pages
  • no midi output from synth tracks, no way to bring them into a DAW. with MIDI over USB you would think full MIDI output would be featured.
  • FUNC+NO can make you easily lose your work if you miss FUNC+LEFT in the sound setup menu
  • generally cramped buttons (nothing anyone can do about that but it’s a factor)
  • only 8 voices. opsix has 32…
  • voice stealing if you play a note already playing in the sequencer (or from MIDI input), even if it is a different sound. this is not a difficult thing to support, you just need to add a “source” property to the note instance, or use separate note instance lists for each source.
  • the ability to disable the pitch and mod wheels makes no sense… it’s just a matter of time before they get accidentally disabled during a performance
  • no roll, no p-lockable arp, no slides
  • no indication on page buttons that you’re in the second page, not helpful when (on the Keys) your hand is blocking the screen 90% of the time
  • if you hit a param page button while in another menu, and that param page was previously active, it switches to the other page. unless you have perfect memory it can be a gamble which page you’ll get.
  • key scaling settings are limited to a few select parameters while velocity and others are not … makes no sense. can’t scale decay on AB for example.
  • the reverb has a limited minimum decay, no gate setting
  • latching FILL permanently is unintuitive and difficult to perform
  • copying multiple patterns at once is not possible - can’t even do it over Sysex
  • the wait to paste or clear patterns using the alternate method is overly long and unergonomic, seems like a simple yes/no confirmation would be preferable
  • pressing BANK or PTN while in the opposite mode causes it to cancel rather than switching to that mode. minor complaint but this continues to stumble me weeks in.
7 Likes

Oof, sorry dude :pensive:

In addition to the (much loved) Control-All-feature, it’d be great to have a Control-Tracks-Pressed-Feature.
What I mean, for instance: press and hold track 2 and 3, than do parameter changes which will only affect track 2 and 3.

13 Likes

I had a similar idea for fills that way, too.

1 Like

8 voice poly sampleplayer as a bonus algo!
I can’t imagine the FM sound data takes a lot of space on the +drive so their should be room for, say 200Mb of user transferable wav files. All subtractive synth settings are their already.

1 Like

Get Digitakt or Octatrack. Digitone is a synth and it makes infinitely more sense to have features that improve it as a synth.

3 Likes

I’ve suggested that too. +1

This is gold!)

Have those but they both can’t play chords easily as a rompler/wavetable synth could do without workarounds. Think of it more as additional user waveforms with less limitation as single cycle. It’s a request that i have the least expectation that it would be implemented but a man can have dreams while on morning coffee right? It will suit the keys version

3 Likes

I’d love to see wavetable synthesis :ok_hand:t2:
Especially if Elektron isn’t going to make a Digiwave.

2 Likes

Just generally asking:
Do Elektron employees read this thread?
Or is there another official place to ask for features?
Maybe it’s be worth collecting the best-of feature requests and send them over?

Who decides what’s best?

1 Like

Anyone with programming knowledge who can answer me this?

Would it be possible to add LFO destinations for the AUDIO IN parameters?