Digitone (DN+DT) only music

Haha! Well, indeed I like to explore things on your own :wink: If I don’t know or find something, I either look into the manual or use the elektronauts search function :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Okay, my verdict is out: I need this thing and it’s what I was missing. Also, it nullified my desire for Opsix and Strega. More Digitone noise soon :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

A little DFAM-ish something, Level B changes between bassdrum-ish, noise snare-ish and fm-ish sound, which is plocked. And then played around with the Filter. Musically and rhythmically meh, but a nice little moment here and there :stuck_out_tongue: (oh, in the second half i was also doodling around with “Mix”).

4 Likes

I had a nice little pattern going this morning with some good sounds Ive been trying to make for ages . Then I accidentally must have hit the pattern reload combo and its all fucking gone.

Ah well.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter how long you own one, every now and again, it happens.

2 Likes

Yeah, fiddly cramped up layout. Too many buttons too damn close doing too many things.

1 Like

I still wonder why Elektron’s FM monster didn’t end up in an A4 style flagship package with more tracks, polyphony, space, AND MIDI ARPS FFS. But it’s such an incredibly nice synth as it is, so I won’t complain (even though I just did, sort of).

Edit: congrats Jeanne :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:wilted_flower: :wilted_flower: :wilted_flower: Satan.

9 Likes

dude :goat::fire:

nice noises

1 Like

Not mine

7 Likes

I had to :stuck_out_tongue:

Digitone does the Hoover (feat. awkward octave hitting on the digitone keys)

3 Likes

LFO the envelope delay of modulators A/B

4 Likes

Algo 8 is my new favourite.
Learning to like the DN filter.
Unison mode is must.

What a brilliant synth. As mentioned above, If only Elektron had made it in the old form factor, with slide trigs, the OT arp and the ability to record after touch into the sequencer.

7 Likes

I would instantly buy a flagship level Elektron FM synth.

Here’s some solo Digitone brutality from this morning.

14 Likes

Love it!
But… it is a sunny, beautiful Sunday and I’ll listen to some Coil now, just because of your recording. Thank you.

1 Like

I actually like that it is so small. So I can put all my boxes together and it’s compact and I have everything I need.

I love the sound in the beginning! Like a recording of a smashed around trashcan, put on cassette tape and recorded at half speed on another tape with maximum gain (or any of those combinations :stuck_out_tongue: ) dayum :wink:

A Digitonedrone (one of 183562468943 sounds I made so far, this thing is amazing):

5 Likes

boom boom boom boom digitone industrial fun

10 Likes

The Digitone is a wonderful drone machine and you proved it. brilliant piece. loved it, thanks for sharing. Tone pairs beautifully with the Strymon Cloud Algorithm, doesn’t it :slight_smile:

Eno-esque piece with Digitone and DOD Rubberneck.

6 Likes

An interesting folkish preset from my DN. (hurdy-gurdy perhaps…)

10 Likes