Digitone + Digitakt + external synth setup

I’m planning to buy a Digitone to add to my Digitakt but I have a few questions regarding the setup.

Ideally I’d want to also be able to use my TB-03 and possibly add some effects from the Digitone, I think it’s possible ?

• TB out in Digitone (so I got the effects)
  • Digitone out in Digitakt
  • Digitakt out in audio interface
  • Not sure about the MIDI config between those 3 machines ?

Then I can control both TB and Digitone as MIDI tracks in my Digitakt ?

Can you guys confirm me this kind of configuration is possible and if so any precisions / advices regarding the setup ?

Thanks a lot !

I have dt, dn and micro freak set up this way:

dt clock dn
dn clock mf
sound of mf goes into dn for reverb and delay
if i choose to sample mf i connect to dt instead and add fx in dt (after sampled)

sound of dt and dn goes into a mixer…

Cool, thanks for the info!

So basically I can do the same with TB-03 instead of your MF.

I’ll just plug the Digitone in the ins of Digitakt so all the sounds go off the Digitakt

The downside is that the audio passed through on the Digitakt is mono. But, that may not be an issue for you.

Thanks for the precision!

I’m not really sure what I want at the moment, I just know that I prefer my TB with some reverb/delay rather than dry. I was also thinking maybe buying an effect pedal to have some effects dedicated and so I’m thinking about how all of those would work together. Maybe I just need to go step by step and see how it sounds :slight_smile:

You should definitely get a mixer. Things will sound so much better.

1 Like

I’ve never tried this myself but my understanding is that the inputs of the digitakt don’t monitor live, the monitoring only come on while the sampling is open. Can someone confirm?

You could run the dt and dn each into a mixer, run the tb through the dn to get the effects. But if it was me, if the only effect you want is a reverb I would just get a reverb pedal and run each instrument into its own channel on the mixer, with your reverb pedal set up on the aux send. That way you have a separate eq for the tb. And more options for your reverb sound

A mixer with send & return - the digitakt gets the return channel as output, the send as input.
When you send signal from the other devices, you can sample when you increase the send /FX level of that channel, this is the most comfortable setup.

1 Like

Yeah I think at some point I will get a mixer for sure.

For now I’m using Digitakt as audio interface, if I add a mixer to the equation then I also need to buy an audio interface so that’s why I’ll be happy to find a temporary solution without it :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

The mixer is most probably already an audio interface - there are many options available. Zoom Live Track 12 for example. It also has several headphone outputs, so if somebody comes over for a jam, you could do individual headphone mixes. Also usefull if you want to A/B your mix with different headphones. Also it has a channel strip, so you could EQ to the needed range.
If you buy high quality instruments, you want them to sound good. Most important invest is definitive the monitoring.

1 Like

You can have the input monitoring on, and audio will come through, even during playback. But again, it’s only mono, and can’t go through and FX on the DT.

1 Like

Well I looked into it and Tascam Model 12 sounds like a dope mixer. Seems I’ll be able to use it as a controller for my DAW + DT/DN and TB-03 as external machines as well.

Anyone got any feedback about this mixer?

Go here: