I had a weird crash yesterday with the ARP running on T1 and T1 layering T2.
I was on the sound setup menu on T1 and switched to T2, toggling the PLAY MODE from POLY > POLY M.LFO and got DN freeze and high pitched noise, when I rebooted some of the progress I made was lost as well.
I tried to recreate it on a fresh pattern and succeeded 2 out of 3 times, there’s probably some other parameter needed to consistently recreate it but there’s no doubt that the ARP causing this as I’ve tried without ARP ON and didn’t have this freeze.
Crashes with 1.41 too, this time with the high pitched tone, which i’d not heard before.
New Digitone owner here. Thought my unit was bricked after the infamous high pitched scream that sounds like a swarm of locusts being torched by a flamethrower. The Digitone crashed and wouldn’t start for what seemed an eternity. Luckily it’s up and running again. After reading this thread I agree it’s a problem with multiple arps running and taxing the CPU. Let’s face it, we’re pros, talented sonic explorers who push things to the edge and we all maxed out the fabled powers of the Digitone. We should start some type of club and get T shirts made. I’ll send a bug report to the powers that be. In the meantime I’ll quit running 4 arps at 300 bpm with several dozen sound locks, trigs, reverse probabilities and of course playing the Digitone on my lap in my car as I weave between traffic on the way home from work.
Potentially the most entertaining gear vid ever.
Whoaaaaaaa check it out! Arp bug fixed in the new 1.44?
- The device could in rare cases become unresponsive when using the arpeggiator.
https://www.elektron.se/release-notes/digitone-digitone-keys-os-release-notes
I don’t have my digitone at the moment but would love to hear if someone can confirm this is indeed fixed now ![]()
Thanks for linking. Didn’t see a formal announcement on the news page. Very interesting indeed!