Digitone Arp Question

Hello. I’m having an issue that is probably easily resolved. When I record an arpeggiator part on the DN - one that starts with Trig 1 / the first downbeat, for some reason the first time it’s played, for all four pages it just defaults to like the root note at whatever rate + octave I had set for the actual arp “riff.” It doesn’t play the arp riff that I had inputted with my keystep, but just the first note in that riff, very staccato and by itself.

Then, when the pattern finishes and it comes around to Page 1 again, my actual arp riff plays and from there-on it doesn’t deviate.

What might I be missing? It’s something that’s probably obvious…

Anyone? It’s driving me crazy. If I have a song that begins with an arp part I’ll have to have the filter all the way to one side or the volume down for the first time it plays all four pages. I know it has to be some dumb thing I’m doing (or not knowing to do). Any help would be appreciated!

Are the notes micro timed to occur before the first step of the sequencer? This sometimes happens when live recording. Sorry if I’m misunderstanding the problem

Thank you. I did check the microtuning to make sure the time was centered. I still have no idea what’s going on.

Say my arp pattern is four notes and it’s set to “cycle” and the range is set to “2” so it bounces between octaves: for the first run-through of each page it is just the first note out of the four notes, bouncing back and forth to its octave. Then when it hits page 1 again all four notes play in order. Very weird.

Not sure what’s going on either here. I’m not in front of my machine right now but have you tried copying to trig 2 and throwing the microtiming all the way to the left? Doesn’t offer an explanation but maybe an easy workaround?

I had tried that, thank you. So ultimately I went through and just cleared every trig and started from scratch again and it’s since working fine now…

I guess this thread can stay in case anyone else has this issue, but I’m good now. Really odd, this.

I’ve had lots of bugs with arps so far, including first-step arps not triggering the first time through a pattern. I found that if I input the arp in live record mode, it works, but not if I enter it in grid mode. Maybe give live recording mode a try?