Digitone and Strymon BigSky reverb

I recently bought a BigSky reverb pedal - originally for use with my Prophet & Moog synths (the Moog really benefits from a bit of external reverb) - but a few days ago I paired it with a Digitone for an ambient piece I was working on and I was very pleased with the results.

As you would expect from a decent piece of kit, the BigSky pedal really blows the Digitone’s on-board reverb out of the water.

The track is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvI0c-39kMM

Anyone else use a BigSky with their Elektron kit?

5 Likes

One cannot compare the internal reverb of the Digitone to the big sky, haha :slight_smile:
Like your track! I am actually getting a big sky tomorrow. So excited to put it in my Helix chain and use it with my guitar and Digitone or the CP300 of my wife. Good times ahead :facepunch:t3::grin:

Definitely not a fair comparison :grin:
Thanks for your comment on my track. Enjoy your BigSky!

Very nice ambient tune. Gives me some ideas. I use a Meris Mercury 7 as my outboard reverb. The built-in effects on the Digitone are really good, but sometimes you have to add that extra layer!

I currently enjoy my Digitone Keys with a touch of Ventris!

wow, I am in love.
Instant ambient combination.
I really need this in my setup :slight_smile:

Very nicely done. I use my Big Sky with my A4 MK2 as an insert on T1 & T2. I also have a Digitone. A4 is my main squeeze so A4 main outs into Digitone Ext. 1 & 2. Its nice to add the Digitone effects on sync’d Patterns even if no notes on the Digitone. However I do add Digitone track voices as appropriate. I tend to prefer Digitone when Unision Mode 2 voice. Would love to add Mercury 7 and Polymoon and perhaps move the Big Sky to my Guitar Rig.