Digitone and Digitone Keys 1.32

Surely my suggestion of a mixer a while back is the sole reason for this update? Haha.

Kidding aside, I’m so happy to see a mixer page. I really hope Elektron go further and implement a user-definable controller page where you can assign any parameter to any of the controls, and create your own unique performance system.

2 Likes

Great demo, and also shows that 1.32 is not just a backport of stuff from the digitakt but that these specific features have their own creative refelctions on what you can do with the DN.

And it’s very cool to see what these guys are doing with the DN, regardless of the update :slight_smile:

I hope a 1.32A update will be released soon(ish) with the obvious bugs fixed that were introduced in 1.32.

4 Likes

Good video yes and cool that you can hold FUNC and turn encoder A to adjust
Filter Env Delay on Filter Page 1 - works with Control All too.

Thanks Elektron! The global mixer/fx, ESPECIALLY applied to the inputs makes for a much better experience when pairing the Digitakt/Digitone. Having consistent per-project levels and FX settings on the DT audio, independent of pattern, makes them play together even better!

Also, for some reason, the audio output sounds just a bit cleaner and full-bodied to my ears after the update. Was there some kind of clipping fix or something? Could be my imagination. :thinking:

2 Likes

This is a really good update, all the lfo parameters being on a single page for each lfo makes tweaking so much easier. Also making the inputs dual mono with different fx sends is nice as well. Digitone remains the best musical purchase I have ever made.

7 Likes

New version 1.32A with bug fixes here: Elektron Support & Downloads

14 Likes

List of changes from OS 1.32 to 1.32A

Bug fixes

• The TRK1 LEVEL parameter on the INTERNAL MIXER page was less responsive than for TRK2-4.

• Fixed a number of issues related to settings made in the GLOBAL FX/MIX menu.

• The effects were not active after startup/reboot.

• Changing mute states from Overbridge plugin resulted in unexpected behavior.

• It was not possible to copy the parameter settings from one LFO page to another.

• It was not possible to copy or paste the INTERNAL MIXER pages parameter settings from one pattern to another.

• When the Chorus page was open, it was not possible to close it by pressing SYN2.

• Minor fixes to errors in the screen UI graphics.

20 Likes

TL;DR judging by the first 50-odd posts, I guess they didn’t do anything about the workflow issue where you cannot - when in mute mode - select another track to tweak parameters of, without first exiting mute mode, the selecting the track you want to edit, and then going back into mute mode… It’s my number one bug-bear and IMHO a big drag when playing live. Still, appreciate these updates of course. Maybe next time…?!

6 Likes

Yes Mute mode wasn’t changed. I can recommend just muting with PTN+T1-4. No real need to go into mute mode.

3 Likes

Fair enough :slight_smile: maybe I need to move my gear around… something unergonomic about a two-finger key press where the DN is positioned atm…

*Scoffs in OT

BTW what you were mentioning there has been requested by many and makes good sense. It’s a bit strange they haven’t just made it the other way around in mute mode i.e. PTN+T1-4 to select tracks.

4 Likes

Loving the 1.32a bug fix update - global fx is fantastic now. Thanks Elektron.

3 Likes

1.32a working nicely here. Thanks!
Really good having DN’s UI up to date with DT.
I’d love to see some more DN specific improvements in the future :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi there, I got myself a DN last week to accompany my DT which I have purchased after recent 1.30 firmawe update! Both machines are great and I can’t wait to learn them thoroughly, but there is still one feature I would like to see introduced in future updates - usb audio routing to external fx… This would allow better integration between my iPad and Elektron devices.

Maybe you can suggest this to feature-request@elektron.se

1 Like
  • It was not possible to copy the parameter settings from one LFO page to another.

Ha!

I was losing my mind last night tryinginging to copy LFO settings.

I should probably update :thinking:

1 Like

I’m having a lot of trouble getting Overbridge to work. Updated the DT to 1.32A and OB to 2.0.65.2, A4 and Rytm both show up but DT… just nothing. I set it to audio/midi mode and get a little flag telling me that its not in OB mode, so its communicating. I’ve tried re-installing, uninstalling, then reinstalling, unplugging all my USB devices, OB is checked on inside of the DT… not sure what else try try. Anyone have any suggestions?

You are not on the last update for Overbridge unless you did a typo error.

Overbridge 2.0.65 for Windows — Jan 31, 2022

Digitone and Digitone Keys OS 1.32A — Mar 2, 2022

1 Like

If you try another USB Port, do you have the same result? Try the A4 or Rytm Port.

1 Like