Digitone and Digitone Keys 1.32

Yes Mute mode wasn’t changed. I can recommend just muting with PTN+T1-4. No real need to go into mute mode.

3 Likes

Fair enough :slight_smile: maybe I need to move my gear around… something unergonomic about a two-finger key press where the DN is positioned atm…

*Scoffs in OT

BTW what you were mentioning there has been requested by many and makes good sense. It’s a bit strange they haven’t just made it the other way around in mute mode i.e. PTN+T1-4 to select tracks.

4 Likes

Loving the 1.32a bug fix update - global fx is fantastic now. Thanks Elektron.

3 Likes

1.32a working nicely here. Thanks!
Really good having DN’s UI up to date with DT.
I’d love to see some more DN specific improvements in the future :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi there, I got myself a DN last week to accompany my DT which I have purchased after recent 1.30 firmawe update! Both machines are great and I can’t wait to learn them thoroughly, but there is still one feature I would like to see introduced in future updates - usb audio routing to external fx… This would allow better integration between my iPad and Elektron devices.

Maybe you can suggest this to feature-request@elektron.se

1 Like
  • It was not possible to copy the parameter settings from one LFO page to another.

Ha!

I was losing my mind last night tryinginging to copy LFO settings.

I should probably update :thinking:

1 Like

I’m having a lot of trouble getting Overbridge to work. Updated the DT to 1.32A and OB to 2.0.65.2, A4 and Rytm both show up but DT… just nothing. I set it to audio/midi mode and get a little flag telling me that its not in OB mode, so its communicating. I’ve tried re-installing, uninstalling, then reinstalling, unplugging all my USB devices, OB is checked on inside of the DT… not sure what else try try. Anyone have any suggestions?

You are not on the last update for Overbridge unless you did a typo error.

Overbridge 2.0.65 for Windows — Jan 31, 2022

Digitone and Digitone Keys OS 1.32A — Mar 2, 2022

1 Like

If you try another USB Port, do you have the same result? Try the A4 or Rytm Port.

1 Like

Yes sorry a typo

1 Like

Yes, I’ve tried all the ports.

1 Like

Hey there Elektron wizards!!! First off congrats on your latest labour of love: the new SynTakt !!! Amazing! (only a few pages in on drooling over all those features in the manual.)

I was wondering… DN Perc ARP, would it be possible to have the soundpool multi mapped to keys and then e.g have an arp trigger those notes (+ randomization + note probability of the arp sequence) And maybe play keys to transpose the sequence?

This way you could have a slow pattern/track e.g. 16 steps play a complete sequence/arrangement when using multiple step/lengths per track

Also the option to keep it monophonic, so you can simulate a bit of a Tracker experience? meaning: cutting off the voice when next part in the arp sequence is triggered.

Or maybe have a combo like the c64: have presets locked to note (kick, snares, etc) and other sounds open for transposing???
(so you could play a single sequence and only change (transpose) the pitch of e.g. bass/lead sound?

If you could also edit the start position per ARP step you could in fact simulate the old ‘nibble’ style wavetable sounddesign of the lovely old C64 SiD :heart: (in a way and beyond) Have it do those faux chord arp sounds as well by doubling/tripling the ARP tempo???

I’m just saying….

If you (someone could develop an app) or add to the plugin (VST) to send all parameters what makes up a preset (e.g. a Kick, Snare, Bass, etc) as a midi message. meaning: by selecting a sound from a list (pool/kit) and send all these parameters to a Trig you could e.g. make a riff:beat/combi and still tweak afterwards (without being soundlocked) I believe aoundlocked presets from the soundpool can only do Note/Key changes, so this might be a nice workaround (if not overloading the DN with parameter changes???)

So you could have like 10 sounds dragged into a kit (list) select and hit a send button or something to program trigs (parameter sets externally)

Anyway just some silly thoughts.

(as the tb303 style programming, with slides and latch)

Still in love with the Digitone and looking forward to hooking it up to a SynTakt in the near future to open up another billion ways to explore and shape sound!

Cheers!!!

PS if the ARP in addition could also be triggered by a key, that would be even more like wave tables on the c64 :wink:

Just upgraded. The mixer page is great and much needed addition. But why are external input volumes on separate pages?

You have dual mono inputs now, so you can process 2 individual mono inputs separately.

1 Like

What I meant was why are they not on the same page as track volumes. That would be nice if you want to be actively fiddling with the mixer

1 Like

Ok, yes, that would make sense, especially in a live setting. But it is nice to have all the processing on a separate page per input track, I find anyway.

2 Likes

Agreed, I keep wondering how this happened… Even if they also appeared there, it’d be great.