Digitone and Digitone Keys 1.32

It is mentioned on Elektron release notes.

Downgrading the device OS is not supported, and is performed at your own risk. User content may be lost.

That doesn’t say it’s impossible. What it says is completely consistent with what @DaveMech said.

3 Likes

About CC#95:

Before update (1.32) CC#95 used to control Pattern Volume with FX (midi) CHANNEL. Now after update it does not. Any idea if this is a bug or am I missing something?

In new manual “Pattern Volume” is still under B.8 FX PARAMETERS (p.92-93) so I believe all these parameters should respond FX Ch MIDI CC’s, right?

You can use the thread about bugs in the 1.32 firmware.

1 Like

Were the differences stark? Or was it something you think you may have been able to fiddle back into place?

Has anyone else experienced this? My second thoughts about updating have arisen again.

1 Like

Well, in this case it was a preset on the Digitone on the new firmware, that sounded very different from v1.31 and it completely changed the mood.
As I said, I didn’t investigate it in detail, I merely confirmed that “it far from sounded the same” and decided to roll back.
It can be many things, but I remember thinking that “release times” somewhere had to be invovled and changed in the new firmware somehow.

1 Like

I am having a lot of fun with some of my custom patches and the envelope delay. Modulating that is fitting for endless ambience. Great update!

am I missing something or did they not add the new filters like in the last digitakt update? that‘s what i was hoping for most of all

4 Likes

You missed nothing.
Its a modest update. No changes to the synth engine. I havent bothered to update mine. Not worth the disruption.

5 Likes

Same here. Especially with the bugs I’ve seen. Still a fantastic box regardless!!!

Freaking out, here!

Recently upgraded to 1.32. I Backed up a particular project prior to the upgrade. I just used sysex receive to load the backed-up project.syx from my computer into a new project slot. During the receive, DN’s screen showed me the progress, 128 patterns, 3 sounds, 1 settings received. However, when the sysex receive was complete, there was nothing in the project! Just some bizarre behavior: The MIDI light turned on, and the pattern indicator kept flashing between A01 and H16.

I had successfully restored a project prior to my 1.32 upgrade. It is possible that I’ve forgotten something since I last did it. Someone please tell me I am an idiot and that Elektron did not just break what is, IMO, the most reliable feature of the DN!

Maybe check your Midi configuration, the update changed mine.

Thanks for the tip. I checked, then tweaked various MIDI config settings, but the same behavior persists.

Solved, my problem is a feature, not a bug!

Duh, some of you probably already knew the following: You cannot reload a backup project.syx that was created in a previous version of the firmware.

When the new firmware is installed on the DN, projects on the DN are modified to work correctly with the new firmware (ideally). But this does not apply to any .sxy files on my computer.

The good news is: While backing up stuff to my computer, I never deleted anything from the DN, so effectively, nothing was lost. The bad news is: I will have to go back and backup my important projects. Shouldn’t take very long.

Silly question: Is there a script for updating .syx files that were made by previous versions of the firmware?

Shout out to @DaveMech for providing a hint to my problem, earlier in this thread!

3 Likes

Hence the warning in the release notes when they say user content may be lost :wink:

The problematic word is may. I am wondering if there is any scenario in which projects exported from an older firmware version would reload correctly into 1.32. My suspicion tells me: If it didn’t work for me, it’s not going to work for anyone else.

This demo is informative and sounds good:

3 Likes

Ob has never been this good (1st time it works for me)

2 Likes

Surely my suggestion of a mixer a while back is the sole reason for this update? Haha.

Kidding aside, I’m so happy to see a mixer page. I really hope Elektron go further and implement a user-definable controller page where you can assign any parameter to any of the controls, and create your own unique performance system.

2 Likes

Great demo, and also shows that 1.32 is not just a backport of stuff from the digitakt but that these specific features have their own creative refelctions on what you can do with the DN.

And it’s very cool to see what these guys are doing with the DN, regardless of the update :slight_smile:

I hope a 1.32A update will be released soon(ish) with the obvious bugs fixed that were introduced in 1.32.

4 Likes