Digitone and Digitone Keys 1.32

Now i wanna sync em. :stuck_out_tongue:

Apologies both, failing to see how to implement that in Ableton (and couldn’t find your method upon search either, apologies!). Unless creating two tracks assigned to LR and messing with hard panning?

Screenshot 2022-02-05 at 16.41.58

@Tchu

2 Likes

Yeah need to be using it as an audio interface and turn on the mono inputs if I’m not mistaken in ableton. Pure OB hard panning left right is the solution indeed. Not really in issue imho :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for persevering with me there, Dave! I think utilising as audio interface is where I hadn’t been following - much gratitude!

1 Like

I should’ve clarified . Had a bit of a hazard zone situation with the little one so my answer wasn’t very thorough :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Nice with a much needed update (I get disconects with my digitone a lot). However, I’m rolling back as we speak, not because of the new bugs, but because I have a n unfinished project that uses the digitone and it does not sound the same, at all, with the new update.

Didn’t spend a lot of time investigating (something with release times I think), I just confirmed it and decided to roll back for now.

I hope I can spare other people some pain here :slight_smile:

Did anyone else experience anything similar?

2 Likes

I read it was impossible to downgrade DN firmware (if that’s what you’re speaking about).

Where did you read this ?

Afaik it’s not impossible. The only limitation is that you can’t open projects on an older OS that were saved with a newer OS. So: always backup.

3 Likes

It is not impossible, I just did it, and it is now working as expected again :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is mentioned on Elektron release notes.

Downgrading the device OS is not supported, and is performed at your own risk. User content may be lost.

That doesn’t say it’s impossible. What it says is completely consistent with what @DaveMech said.

3 Likes

About CC#95:

Before update (1.32) CC#95 used to control Pattern Volume with FX (midi) CHANNEL. Now after update it does not. Any idea if this is a bug or am I missing something?

In new manual “Pattern Volume” is still under B.8 FX PARAMETERS (p.92-93) so I believe all these parameters should respond FX Ch MIDI CC’s, right?

You can use the thread about bugs in the 1.32 firmware.

1 Like

Were the differences stark? Or was it something you think you may have been able to fiddle back into place?

Has anyone else experienced this? My second thoughts about updating have arisen again.

1 Like

Well, in this case it was a preset on the Digitone on the new firmware, that sounded very different from v1.31 and it completely changed the mood.
As I said, I didn’t investigate it in detail, I merely confirmed that “it far from sounded the same” and decided to roll back.
It can be many things, but I remember thinking that “release times” somewhere had to be invovled and changed in the new firmware somehow.

1 Like

I am having a lot of fun with some of my custom patches and the envelope delay. Modulating that is fitting for endless ambience. Great update!

am I missing something or did they not add the new filters like in the last digitakt update? that‘s what i was hoping for most of all

4 Likes

You missed nothing.
Its a modest update. No changes to the synth engine. I havent bothered to update mine. Not worth the disruption.

5 Likes

Same here. Especially with the bugs I’ve seen. Still a fantastic box regardless!!!

Freaking out, here!

Recently upgraded to 1.32. I Backed up a particular project prior to the upgrade. I just used sysex receive to load the backed-up project.syx from my computer into a new project slot. During the receive, DN’s screen showed me the progress, 128 patterns, 3 sounds, 1 settings received. However, when the sysex receive was complete, there was nothing in the project! Just some bizarre behavior: The MIDI light turned on, and the pattern indicator kept flashing between A01 and H16.

I had successfully restored a project prior to my 1.32 upgrade. It is possible that I’ve forgotten something since I last did it. Someone please tell me I am an idiot and that Elektron did not just break what is, IMO, the most reliable feature of the DN!