Digitone and Digitakt MIDI Sequencer Differences

Just re-discovered how tight things are when using an Elektron box for drums and use its sequencer to sequence another synth. Used to do it with my Octatrack and currently doing it with my Digitone.
Wondering whether Digitakt has same MIDI sequencing features as Digitone.

Mostly the same, but the Digitone has 4 MIDI tracks with 8 note polyphony per step, and Digitakt has 8 MIDI tracks with 4 note polyphony per step. I ran into that difference when I was sequencing my Peak on the Digitakt, so moved sequencing duties to the Digitone for that.

5 Likes

Also Digitone has multiple scales, while Digitakt only has a chromatic scale.

3 Likes

yes, this was actually the feature I have been using on the Digitone with my Virus TI, it is really handy.

Can anyone tell me after all the updates if the Midi differences between the Digitakt and Digitone apply? ie polyphony per step et al.

They do : the polyphony and track count is different (8/4 vs 4/8) and the way to input chords is different. The rest is the same as far as Im aware of.

2 Likes

Cheers. Is the inputting of chords easier on the Digitone? I read it also does some other scales than Chromatic. Is this still the same?

Showing this is simpler than any explanation
Under "scale " is where you put the scale on the DN.

2 Likes

Much obliged. Thats really helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to add that since 1.4 firmware DT has scales and keyboard folding in chromatic mode but you have to play them in to sequencer using live or step recording.

2 Likes