“Digitalis” by Cepheid

“As the outside world splinters in it’s weakened state, the digital domain becomes ever more inviting”

Finally wrapped up my latest project, “Digitalis” and I’m excited to share it here. I feel the world has been so crazy lately, hopefully this can be 20+ minutes away from it all. Due to many going through economic hardships right now, it is being released as “pay-what-you-want”

Thanks for listening and feedback is appreciated! Stay safe my fellow Elektronauts.

19 Likes

Banging.
It’s so much braindance I can barely cope!
You’ve made the 2020 Rephlex compilation no-one knew they needed.
I can’t find anything to criticise, not even constructively.
What a treat to be able to associate with such talent.

2 Likes

Thank you @Fin25 , I’m still trying to recover from my beautiful headache you gave me with your last release! You know I mean that in the best possible way. :slight_smile: Appreciated the kind words. Stay safe and stay positive my friend, awaiting your next release!

1 Like

Kind as you are this is a whole different level from my shitnuggets in terms of talent, quality and musicianship. I am happy to bask in any reflected glory, mind you.

1 Like

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Awesome, dude!!

1 Like

I was just trying to get that Aphex sound down like you @Unifono :wink:

1 Like

ha :wink:
No seriously, these tracks sound really great. Exactly what I love to listen to :slight_smile:

Great drum programing, beautiful melodies and really nice sound.
Makes me want a quadraverb too :wink:

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Hey, I released an album last year, called Digitalis, too!
Good luck with yours! It’s very well produced and sounds great!

1 Like

nice man :slight_smile: good stuff. I’m always down for more Brain dance.

1 Like

Oh damn, well that’s crazy. I actually first heard the word from Metal Gear Solid 5 as it was a plant you could harvest. I think now I remember you releasing that, gosh I feel like an unintentional copycat. Always thought it was a cool word and a very beautiful plant. A majority of the album was done without any analog gear and when I made the album art, the purple color fit perfect. Hence the name “Digitalis”

Thank you for the feedback @glitched , I have to now go listen to your album Digitalis as well as your new release.

1 Like

That means a lot coming from you @nilsec , considering I love all the braindance / idm tracks you do! I’ve been considering adopting your setup for music with the “one take” live recording method while the SSL Six squeezes everything into place and goes out to tape. Just have to sell off half my studio to afford that mixer :grin:

1 Like

Beautiful stuff! That last track is :fire:

1 Like

Its a good versatile mixer! This stuff is straight fire, especially that last track.

1 Like

This is fantastic.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! The last song felt a little away from the styles I normally do, but sounded so fun. I think it has this back and forth, call and response type feel that I enjoy.

2 Likes

Thank you @AdamJay! Your Electro work has inspired me to dig deeper into that specific genre and try and implement it into a melodic / braindance type of deal.

1 Like

Amazing! Just bought it on Bandcamp, thanks

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

Really great man, purchased.

1 Like