Digital recorder

good choice !

Late to the discussion, I know.
But, I wanted to mention the Centrance mixerface R4R as a worthy contender in this category.

It’s a bit pricy when you compare it head to head with a H4n or H6. But, if you consider that it’s a non-fiddly, high quality sound card for both desktop and portable use, (and you need one of those, as I did), the cost is easier to justify.

So far I’m very happy using it to record Audio straight to iOS. It’s very easy to move around with, has a metal case, and holds a nice long charge.
I also got some great “field recordings” of the fireworks last weekend which I turned into a bunch of crappy (that’s on me) one-shots.

Customer service from Centrance is also simply remarkable. The president of the company emailed me directly to answer a presales question and a tech question after I bought the mixerface.

1 Like

Question regarding H6: It has 6 audio tracks. Would the Left and Right outputs from a synthesizer count as 2 tracks or just 1? I’ve been interested in the H6 for a long time. And I think Zoom just revealed a new audio recorder?

A stereo track (L and R outputs) is two mono tracks. You can record three stereo tracks or six mono tracks with the Zoom H6

3 Likes