Digital recorder

Hello, I am looking for a “light” digital recorder to record synths when I am away from my studio, without having to carry my computer and sound card. 4 tracks maximum, but 2 stereo tracks could be enough for me, if possible jack input.
Of course not too expensive and with good sound quality :blush: (I have an octa-capture Roland at home, I need the same recording quality).
I am not at all interested in this kind of material so far so all opinions and advice will be welcome. Thank you

3 Likes

I just purchased a Zoom R8. Light and battery powered. Sound quality is good too.

1 Like

What’s your budget? I have a Zoom H6 that i might be selling. I’ve had it years but only used it once. Although i did sell separately the Mics that were supplied with it.

It seems a little big and a little more complete than what I had envisioned but the price is good, I will look at it more closely. Thank you

zoom H6 is a great recorder

1 Like

Not that big. About the size of an iPad Air.

1 Like

It is a little above what I had budgeted but actually it seems interesting …

For the moment it is a little more expensive than what I had planned but I will study the product, it gives me ideas that I did not consider at the start. For information, what could be your price?

H6 seems to be unanimous, but apart from the number of tracks, do you see any major differences with the h4? (I look on my side but immediately I am on my phone it’s not the easiest to compare the technical sheets :slightly_smiling_face:)

H4n is good as well not as clean though, i’v owned both and i really preferred the H6. I also have the F-1 and the H2n the H2n is really good if you can live with a single line in stereo track. But of course if you’r not gonna use the built in mic’s it might be a waste on what you plan to do.

The Roland R-07 is another alternative that is quite affordable.

In the end the H6 is great value for money and considering the H8 just announced the prices on the H6 might be coming down, at least for the used market .

2 Likes

If i did decide to sell, probably £180 + Shipping.

As mentioned above that’s just for the Recorder (+ Case, usb lead & included memory card) *NO MICS.

1 Like

Consider the Sound Devices MixPre-6 series 1 also, u might be able to find a good deal second hand if you’re lucky. There’s a ‘musicians plugin’ which can give you some great features. excellent sound quality. Smaller than they look also.

1 Like

+1 for the Zooms. Great little recorders.

1 Like

If Zoom is out of his price range Sound Devices isn’t gonna more affordable even used.

1 Like

that could interest me (there I am looking for a model with microphone at a seller in France but the delivery seems complicated for him). how much do you estimate the shipping costs for France? (if you ever sell it)

Please pm your area code & i’ll get a quote. I’ll have a proper think over the weekend in regards to selling.

1 Like

Thank you everybody ! The H6 is on its way to my house :blush:

4 Likes

Nice! Congrats! It’s a excellent recorder!!:+1::+1:

1 Like

Now it’s up to me to try to make excellent music :slight_smile:

3 Likes