Digitakt with Polyend 2

Hey,

i hope anyone can help me with this issue !
I didn’t get the Digitakt to work with Polyends Poly 2. I don’t get any Midi Data to the Poly 2. With the Squarp Pyramid it works and also with the Analog Keys in Midimode. Digitakt works also well with any other Synth.
Is there any known issue with Digitakt and Poly 2 ?
Thnx

I’m having the same issue from my Digitone to the Poly 2. Please post here if you find a solution.

I have trouble as well.
Strange thing is, that in chromatic mode the poly 2 is receiving notes.
When recorded into the sequencer not.

Clock is running all time as well, should stop when DT is stopping…

Wrote to Polyend. No response yet.

Update.
I reset the Digitakt and the Poly.
Now it is working… still the clock ist always running, but I can handle that since I want to trigger a euro sequencer anyways.

Still if someone has a idea on clocking?

Thank you ! I will try this tomorrow…

I don’t know whether I have understood you correctly, but MIDI clock messages do not usually stop when a sequencer’s transport is stopped. This is so that the receiving device knows what tempo to run at when the sequencer is restarted.

2 Likes

You are right.
This was more about “reset” than “stop the clock”.

I was misunderstanding the concepts here… anyway, it is solved by setting up a start/stop trigger in the Poly 2.

Reset doesn’t work for me…

Which Firmware do you got on your Digitakt ?

I wasn’t able to get reset to work either. @mpeg5, can you please explain what reset you did to the digitakt and Poly 2? Any other hints would be great too. Thanks.

Sure.
I have the latest firmware for both units.
And I made a factory reset on DT and a factory reset on Poly 2

On Poly it is under the settings tab

On DT hold up the func key while powering up. You get several options to reset.

FYI I had some issues with the DT controlling the Nerdseq.

With clock, reset, hanging notes etc. The issues were with the DT after looking at the Midi stream. The developer of Nerdseq managed to update the Nerdseq to overcome DT’s midi shortcomings, so hopefully Polyend can do the same.

My problem right now is that I can’t get the Poly 2 to see any activity coming from the Digitone. (I’m using the Digitone, not Digitakt, but I’m hoping the reset will work for me too.) I’ll try the resets tonight.

The weird thing for me is that I can get midi out of Digitone to OP-Z fine. Midi out from OP-Z to Digitone and Poly 2 fine. But Digitone to Poly 2 gives me nothing. :man_shrugging:

Tried resetting both the Digitone and Poly 2. Still not working. Please let me know if anyone has any other suggestions.

I assume that it is in the Midi Settings but I was not able to solve to, no matter what settings I tried.

Did you do a full factory reset of your DT?

Make sure to check the cables, too.

Does anyone had success using a USB cable to send MIDI to the poly 2?

It does not work if I connect the poly 2 and the digitakt (or digitone) via a USB cable (plugging into the poly 2 host input).

If I use a MIDI to USB cable (MIDI out from digitakt to USB host on poly 2) it works fine.

Same here ! Tried everything and anything.
Does not work !

Can you clarify “midi to usb”? Are you talking about some sort of adapter cable that has din on one side and USB on the other like a MIO adapter or something?

I used a cable with MIDI Din on the one side and usb on the other side.
Like this:

but I have one with only one MIDI plug

1 Like

Oh okay yes that’s like a Mio adapter. mio — iConnectivity

Tried every setup, factory reset and every cable possible. Still cant make it work.

Poly 2 receives data from DAW, no problem.

Digitakt sends data everywhere, no problem.

Poly 2 does not receive from Digitakt, neither usb host input nor dongle midi in input work.

Has anyone had the same since recent OS updates? Do you know of any solutions?