Digitakt vs OP-1 ? (I have Octatrack MK1 + Digitone)

Octatrack + OP-1 is a match made in heaven in my opinion.
Simply record stuff from the op-1 into the Flex or Pickup Maschines and build your track.

I would consider getting a nice analog knob per function synth to go along with the OT and DN. Those two by themselves will reveal their secrets slowly and I think you’d be well served with something simple and beefy to provide instant gratification and a nice full sound. Maybe a Moog Grandmother or a Minilogue XD? Maybe an Erica DB-01?

Adding a DT would give you a very powerful Elektron trio. Allow the OT to offload the drums.

OP-1 could be nice as a portable music friend and give a different experience, should you want a break from the Elektron workflow.

1 Like

Even though this was a necro-bump, I’ll still come in. I’ve owned both the OP1 and DT, and I’ve sold both. The only one I’d consider buying again is the DT. Between workflow, connectivity, and sound quality, the OP1 left me wanting. I’d never call it a toy, but I never gelled with it.

…finish ur elektron journey…ot , takt and tone is killer set up that makes totally sense…

but face the fact, that then, no more arguments for further gas are left…

with those three u’r able to get the most out of the elektron klak klak zak zak workflow…
in any way u want to take it…

if this band does not do the trick for u, u need no band…

for on the go, an app like korgs gadget, that also worx pretty ok on an average iphone, is a pretty neat tool for little sketches u can feed ur swedish samplers with, later on…

leave both sampler inputs open…run the takt through tone’s inputs…and tone into ot…

resampling is ur friend…
and ur phone is an endless source for all kinds of sound snippets to catch and meet and mingle…ur “band” will love it…

1 Like