Digitakt USB audio/midi in Logic not working

Hi everyone,

I’ve got a digitakt and trying to hook it up to Logic Pro X and something weird is going on which I can’t figure out.

It’s connected via USB audio and midi (no overbridge as I’m on Mac OS Big Sur) and got audio coming in on its own audio track and the sound is working. Output is through my audio interface (not using DT as interface)

However, when I press play in Logic, the play head moves and the sequence starts playing on the DT, but no sounds plays even though I can see sound coming in the mixer. Until I stop play on Logic and I get just the fx playing out loud for 1 second ish (reverb and delays).

When I press play on the DT, sound plays out loud as expected but the play head doesn’t move.

I have clock receive on, transport receive and send on, and prog change on in the DT.

Any ideas? Really scratching my head on this one!

1 Like

My only experience is with the digitone and logic. I’ve hooked it up and had it work just as often as it failed. Usually it’s a simple matter of saving the project and rebooting logic. Especially with seemingly random “no audio” instances.

SOS

Hey! Same story here. Have exactly the same situation where playing sequence from inside logic is giving no sound, even tho that level are all lit up and sequence lights are up on digitakt. Have no f-ing idea whats wrong, but loosing my mind over it.

1 Like

Is it perhaps because your audio interface is also connected via USB.

Do you need to create one as a “Aggregate Device”?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5339617