Digitakt up $100 in Canada at every store!

Moog Audio in Toronto has em for 899 “on sale”.

There was an error on their site last Boxing Day and you could get another 15% off. Worth trying again when they have another site wide sale.

1 Like

This is the first thing that crossed my mind ! Prices just happened to go up right before the release of SAMPLES !! With tax, this thing will cost over $600 CDN …Seriously??? There are iPad apps that cost $20 that come pretty close to what SAMPLES can do and some might argue, surpass the ability of this device. Don’t get me wrong…I think SAMPLES is really great…for maybe $250 !!

1 Like

Price is the same as usual here in the US at Sweetwater.

Oh wow $600 CDN that is insane I wish that was me. The price is $690 CDN directly from Elektron for me.

buy used?

$539 CAD: https://www.moogaudio.com/en/elektron-model-samples
$539 CAD: https://www.tomleemusic.ca/209107

long & mcquade will get it too. anyways good luck, and like i said if you wait for sales or have a good relationship with any of these stores they might be able to help with the price even more.

1 Like

L&M has increases on all the newer elektron things. AR, A4, DT, and DN are all more. I was eyeing up a AR and its $149 more now.

Curious

Seems the prices also went up here in Europe - both gear4music and thomann is up around €100,- for digitakt and digitone.

Some smaller stores still have them at the old and lower price.

/thomas

In uk DT’s £540 at digital village and £650 at GAK. Dunno if the GAK price is new. Lame if all prices have been hiked to give MS a clear space but doesn’t seem to be happening in all stores so maybe it’s the stores’ decision and not Elektron to blame for it.

If Elektron have upped the price, we might not see some stores increase the price until their previous stock has run out?

But that’s a big ‘if’, and this seems fair:

1 Like

Every store updates around at the same time, if you’re seeing old prices it is because the store is late on updating its prices and you might want to jump on that occasion if you’re slightly hesitating on buying something that has a price jump.

With that said, I was planning on buying the Zoom Livetrak L-12 and it just went up 100€ (from almost 450€ to 551€)

As an example, two years ago, I was waiting to buy a volca sample at around the same time of year, and it went from 133 to 169€ (which is crazy) at that time. Same thing for the digitakt last year, it went from around 620€ to 769€.

But don’t worry, the price WILL go back down throughout the year to be at the same (if not lower) amount as it was during holiday season.

I say it should be $49.

It was A$990 last year, then went to A$1099 ~Aug '18 (Digitone was still $990) and in January '19 both DN and DT went to A$1199, C$1140, Eur760.
https://www.storedj.com.au/Search?ProductSearch=elektron

Price also gone up at thomann in EU. Around 100$.

I think they raise the price of Digitakt, so they price of the new Models:Sample makes more sense. Make a bigger price gab between the 2 devices.

I was lucky and find a place where they have not raised the price ot day and ordered one right away. SO waiting impatiently for it to arrive :slight_smile:

1 Like

There could be all sorts of reasons why product prices shift…not just because of a release of a new product…best to ask the retail shop themselves…

Yeah there could be many reasons… But it comes pretty much at the exact same time as the release of a new device. So what I wrote makes sense.

Ermagerd Cornspiraceehhhh

2 Likes

has DN gone up too?

599 CAD is insane for a Model:Samples when the Korg Electribe 2 exists.

1 Like

DN has always been $999 in Canada, the DT price bump brought it up to the DN price.

1 Like