Digitakt Unofficial Guide

I’m sure you tried adding a pinch of attack on the amp page but that usually works for me.

1 Like

yep. I assume a combo of startpoint, length n attack is the way to go but i cant get it to clear up all clicks.

1 Like

I have posted a tip here: https://www.elektronauts.com/t/turning-a-daw-track-into-a-digitakt-live-performance-tutorial-how-to/42056?u=olaf_wolkenhauer

2 Likes

Frenzies and Darenager’s loop tips are really helpful. An addition I have come up with is make a dummy track as your slice palette. Do the Darenager trick but plock each slice to a subsequent step (1,2,3…). You could also store different plocked loop lengths of the same start trigs on adjacent pages of your palette. Then you can copy a trig and go back and paste it where you want.

2 Likes

Just found a fairly obvious shortcut, but I didn’t know it until just now:

When you are in grid recording mode, you can’t get to temporary mute mode by holding func. But when you first hold [TRK] and then press [FUNC] it works :slight_smile:
I’ve added it to the shortcut list!

22 Likes

tip for timestretchy thing

set lfo speed to 1 , and use the multiplyer as a way to change the speed of the playback as its easier to speed it up x1,x2,x4
depending on the speed you may need to retrig the lfo on different steps.

ive got some nice results doing timestretch cheats…
use different retrig amounts on different blocks of trigs (say step 17 to 31)
blank a few trigs or set conditions on them with the odd delay / reverb
use pitch changes on blocks of steps
set start points on specific steps to where hits occur in the sample and it’ll get more jitter.

avoid using retrig on the lfo retrig step , as it’ll sound a little different to everything else , you’ll be able to tell where it is as it retrigs the lfo on each note retrig .(confused ?)

dont retrig the trig or noteless trig , try to conditionally not trig the triggerless trigs while not doing what you should do.

7 Likes

i havent tried this yet but.

do a trk:ALL on the filter , HP , bring it quite low to remove the bass on the same steps as the bass drum kick sound.
then remove it on the bass drum track.

it might sound like sidechain as you remove the bass from all tracks except bass drum on those steps.

11 Likes

some good tips there I hadn’t thought of, being more interactive with it per step with the trigless trigs etc. and turning off lfo re-trig, I always forget about that. I’ll defo be trying out these. thanks re5et

1 Like

I have just recently got a Digitakt and am learning more each day!
Another hi-hat trick that is super simple is to put down a closed hat sample (I put it on steps 3,7,11 and 15) and then add some delay to the track. Very quick way of getting extra movement to the hi-hats. Really looking forward to using this machine more!

4 Likes

Even better, parameter lock the delay send level differently to individual steps for more variation.

6 Likes

Weird nice delay.

Setup delay with usual values ( time 24 , ping pong on , width 64 , fdbk 100 )
Turn volume of delay effect to zero
Send delay to reverb full

You’ll get a nice diffused delay coming through via the reverb if you send a sound into delay. It’s different to the normal effect either delay or reverb might give.

I usually also setup delay for higher frequencies and reverb lower , with a little overlap.
It helps separate the fx in the mix…

41 Likes

How come this sticky topic isn’t pinned to top? Would be nice if could, because a lot of good tips are being made in separate topics now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A quicker way to replace a sample than going through the Sample Manager:
First, I’ll describe how to do this through the sample manager, for those who don’t know.
-Press settings
-Move down to ‘samples’ and press yes
-Press left to open the sidebar, choose ‘View RAM’ and press yes
Now you’re looking at all the samples in your project.
-Highlight one
-Press right to open the right sidebar, choose ‘replace’

Now the quicker way:
-Select the channel that contains the sample you want to replace
-Press Func+Sample, this opens the ‘Assign’ page.
-With the sample highlighted by default, press Func+Yes
You’re now in the Sample Browser, and whichever sample you select (by pressing yes), will replace the previous one in your project.

34 Likes

To add: you can also do this for loading a new sample to an empty slot. Simply scroll to an empty slot and press “yes” :slight_smile:

10 Likes

damn this is great!!

2 Likes

Tried this last night. Amazing and now my new go-to thing!! :grinning:

2 Likes

Probably in the manual somewhere but…

To clear samples and free up ram:

Press gear button
Select samples
Left arrow
Select view ram press yes
You can select however many samples by using the arrows and pressing yes
When finished right arrow
Make selection and press yes

8 Likes

Found a trick to lock Quick Mute with which i just have to press FUNC to exit YEAH.
FUNC+Tempo (so you give just one tap tempo that don’t change it)
Then you’re in a locked quick mute mode, different from Mute Mode ( less bright )
This finger move is far better i think

9 Likes

Keep press Stop and u can restart pattern hitting play over and over

16 Likes

WHAT?? thanks!

1 Like